Thursday, March 06, 2014

So Uninspiring

Currently Listening To: Comeback Home - 2NE1

After this week's episode I think I've lost all interest in blogging about AI. Why, you may ask? Well, it's boring and contestants are just not bringing it. I don't even know why I'm still watching. If this continues on, I guess my blog will be dead again soon. But anyway here are my thoughts on the contestants this week, from the least impressive to the best (relatively speaking).

Alex - I Don't Want to Be by Gavin Degraw
Oh god. For a 'frontrunner' I thought that performance was horrible. It's Lee Dewyze all over again with the nasally tone and horrible song choice. 1/10

Ben - Turning Home by David Nail
Nails on a chalkboard. Screechy, whiny and out of tune. 1/10

MK - Drops of Jupiter by Train
Well that was very disappointing. Her voice was shaky, and she never quite connected with the song. Since she was in the bottom 3 last week, I think it's very likely she'll be gone soon, if not this week. Such a waste of lovely tone and voice. 1.5/10

Emily - Let's Get Loud by J.Lo herself
WTF song choice. Did her no favours. Her only saving grace was her decent sounding voice. 2/10

CJ - Waiting on the World to Change by John Mayer
In retrospective I guess that wasn't so bad. Much better than last week. However, I'm sorry but he's just too boring. And yet he had seemed so promising during the Hollywood rounds! Geez. Won't be here for long either. 2.5/10

Malaya - Take Me to the King by Tamala Mann
She ended the song with a freaking scream wth. Although a marked improvement from last week, it is still mediocre at best. Come on judges, that last note was not beautiful even though she actually hit it. I know she's just sixteen, and she improved a bit, but that praise was undeserving. I'm weeping for all the 16 year old girls who didn't even make it to Hollywood rounds, really. 3/10

Jessica - White Flag by Dido
Unlike other reviewers I actually kinda liked this performance. Most probably because she was the only one who tried something different. I really don't get the hate for this. Maybe it was the bleating that turned people off? Oh well. She wasn't that bad, but it was nowhere near good either. 4.5/10

Sam - Just One by Blind Pilot
Another contestant with a bland song choice. Mix it up a little kiddo. Vocally okay. 5/10

Jena - Suddenly I See by KT Tunstall
I didn't think that was a good song choice, but her voice sounded pretty good. Still a lot of room for improvement. 5/10

Majesty - Fix You by Coldplay
Normally I hate this song, but Majesty made me like it. A bit screechy at moments, and she lost herself in those high notes. That's why she's in third place for me this week. 6/10

Dexter - Lucky Man by Montgomery Gentry
Like I said, he's the best country dude. It's no Scotty McCreery, but he's still better than the rest. 6/10

Caleb - Working Man by Rush
Surprisingly he gave the best performance of the week, and it still wasn't very good. 7/10


If you put all the lower half of the Top 12 contestants from the past 6 seasons together, they'll still be more consistent than this bunch. Yes, even Lazaro!

Conclusion - everyone sucked! Based on this week and last week's performance, nobody deserves to win this.

Who should be in the bottom 3: MK, Ben, CJ

Who will go home: MK

Peace out.

Results Edit: -
Emily is gone. No surprises there again. Too bad, she had -some- potential.

No comments: