Sunday, November 08, 2015

Swaay-ed

Currently Listening To: Pay My Rent - DNCE


Remember Joe Jonas of the Jonas Brothers? Well he has distanced himself from his bros and has his own pop group now, interestingly named DNCE. They recently released their first EP, a pleasant surprise with its funky, throwback pop feel.

SWAAY

Track List

1. Cake by the Ocean 
2. Pay My Rent
3. Toothbrush
4. Jinx

The EP only has four songs, but four is more than enough! 

The lead single, Cake by the Ocean, is a fun pop song with allusions to some....interesting times on the beach *wink wink nudge nudge*

Pay My Rent feels like it belongs in the 1990s, which is why I like it (I'm feeling old and I need something to remind me of my youth. DNCE really hits the spot with this track).

Toothbrush is my least favourite but it's all good, as far as pop music goes.

Last but not least, Jinx - I really love it! Refreshing, positive pop music. A breath of fresh air for the stale and polluted music scene of recent years.

All in all, Swaay deserves an 8.5 rating out of 10.

I hope they'll be able to keep up the momentum for their debut album (To be released in the near future, I pray!).


No comments: