Sunday, November 08, 2015

Wiped Out (With An Exclamation Mark)

Currently Listening To: Wiped Out! - The Neighbourhood

So this is the first time I'm actually listening to an album by The Neighborhood. Behold the cool black and white album cover:

Wiped Out!

Track List

1. A Moment of Silence
2. Prey
3. Cry Baby
4. Wiped Out!
5. The Beach
6. Daddy Issues
7. Baby Came Home 2 / Valentines
8. Greetings from California
9. Ferrari
10. Single
11. R.I.P. 2 My Youth

I'm not sure who they remind me of but there's definitely a familiar feel to their music.

I didn't listen to this California band's freshman effort so I can only judge by Wiped Out!. It's definitely not splendid, other bands of the similar genre have had better efforts, generally speaking. The album as a whole feels rather disjointed, but they do have a couple of nice songs. It'll be difficult for them to duplicate the runaway success of Sweater Weather, judging by the public's response so far.

Ratings: 7/10
Recommendations: Prey, Cry Baby, The Beach, Single, R.I.P. 2 My Youth

For a brilliant song from their first album, look no further than below:




No comments: