Thursday, January 17, 2008

I Desperately Need To Rant!

Oh well just a little over ten days since my last blog entry.
All right, another quick update on my life in INTI.
Seriously, it's not so bad (sorry Sharyl, it really ain't that bad! *shrugs*)

Classes are, well, boring (...shoot me if I ever say that classes are fun and exciting). Computing...is really dumb actually. Guess what, the computing lecturer's name is Light. No, there's nothing wrong with your eyes, his name really is Light. And yes he did made a jab about the other famous *cough* Light, but not a single person (except for me) in the class even blink. I mean come on! It's kinda funny right? RIGHT?!?!

Moving on, there's economics and accounts and quantitative methods (fancy name for statistics I guess). There's only one word to describe all these three subjects - HORRIBLY EXCRUCIATING! Fine, that's two words but whatever. Someone please remind me why I signed up for this? =( All right, all right, it's not THAT bad, but I still wanna complain *pouts*

And then there's...Malaysian Studies. Honestly speaking the subject itself isn't all that bad. Boring yes, but not excruciatingly so. But the lecturer? My god. I really, really, REALLY miss Mr. Rozaidi (I'm so sorry that I was usually fast asleep during your classes back in Form 5 sir! T.T) after having endured Miss Sumitra's classes for the past 3 weeks.

The worse part of DCMAU (the course I'm taking) is that...90% OF THE STUDENTS IN MY CLASS SPEAKS MANDARIN! Sorry for the caps lock, but that really is...depressing. I mean, come on...why won't you speak any other languages as much as you speak Mandarin? I KNOW you DO know how to speak English or Hokkien/Cantonese or even BM, but why exclusively Mandarin? Can you blame me for feeling like an alien in my class?? Right now, the only people speaking to me in English (or speaking to me at all =.=') are those who had already known me beforehand, or that measly 10% of mostly newbies and non-mandarin speakers. To quote Anise of TOTA, BOOOOO! (as in boo hoo, not BOO! or BOOOOO in the jeering manner).

Enough about INTI. I'm feeling all moody just thinking of it. And as I have to go back there in about 7 hours, I should stop complaining about it.

On to more cheerful matters, I'm this close to finishing TOTA! Like really close, seriously! =D I'm hoping to complete the game by the 21st of January, as that would make it about one month (I think) since I started on this adventure with Luke fon Fabre and his...friends. And I'll be able to set a new record for myself - finishing a rather extensive game within a few weeks as opposed to more than a year! *glances guiltily at KH2, FFVII, VIII and X*

No comments: