Thursday, June 19, 2008

A Formal Disaster

Music: The Time of My Life by David Cook

...the budget presentation yesterday was a TOTAL disaster seriously =/

It all started the moment I set foot on the 5th floor of Inti at 8am in the morning. I stepped out of the lift and saw some classmates of mine all dressed in formal clothes. Pants/ skirts, shirts/blouses, like how one would dress if they were working in some high-end business company or something. And what was I wearing wearing? I assure you, it was anything BUT formal.

The first thing that crossed my mind was DAMN IT WE'RE SO SCREWED.
I looked around for my other group members(it was a group assignment) and guess what - the four of us (at that moment) were the only ones in casual clothing. Obviously we were in serious trouble.

Luckily the presentation was for our afternoon class, which would only start at noon. Thank god I live nearby, so I could go home during the break in between classes to change into something more presentable. Suet Nee was not so fortunate though, she lives in Farlim or Paya Terubong I think, so she had to leave midway through our 8 - 11am Finance class. Santi had her aunt(or rather her aunt's friend) send her something formal lol. Haan-Ming(her apartment's near my house) and I left around 10.30(had to ask Mr Loo's permission to leave early) to get into our formal clothes. At least she had something suitable to wear. Me? Well I don't own anything formal, so I had to ransack my mum's closet (I'm so not joking!) for clothes. It took me about 40 minutes to find something that fits, as everything else was too lose, and left the house around 11.30, arrived back in Inti by 11.45.

You'd think that I'd at least go through what I was suppose to present in that 15 minutes right? But nope, that's not what I did. I just stood around mumbling to myself to keep cool. And yeah, I was so 'cool', I didn't even know what was in the slides I was suppose to present. Uh huh. That bad. To cut a not-a-very-long-story even shorter, we were totally unprepared. And we were the first group. Yeah. Wonderful huh? There was nothing else that I could do but read the slides blindly(and we were a little too short and precise, to be honest) and finish it off as fast as I could. And what was the feedback from Ms Leon? "Amanda, you seemed to be rushing through the whole thing, and it looks like you were thinking, 'let this be over asap!'. Also, you lacked eye contact.'

Of course I lacked eye contact woman! I was too busy staring blankly at the slides, trying to make sense of what was in there! *cough* Ok, ok I know it's my fault for not going through slides the night before but...(Seriously, it just totally slipped my mind! I know, bad excuse but hey I'm not lying =/ Honest!)

Hopefully that would be the first and last time I screw up an important thing like that.

Lesson learned. That. Will. Not. Happen. Again.

Ever.

No comments: