Wednesday, October 21, 2009

It's Been A While...

Currently Listening To: Blue - All Rise


...since I listened to music from the 90's and the early 2000s!

I was inspired to check out the videos for all those 90s bands last night.
Sigh, the good old cheesy days.

I remember being a huge fan of Steps (anyone remember them?) and S Club 7 about like, more than ten years ago (omg can you believe it has been ten years and more??) It wasn't just them though, I think I was into every British group that came out at that time - Westlife (apparently they've covered Daughtry's What About Now and will be released sometime in November), Atomic Kitten, 5ive, M2M, Blue and a -forgotten- band called Point Break.

Ahh, the good old days.



Used to be obsessed with this video! They were pretty good dancers...

(wanted to post Steps' Say You'll Be Mine too but embedding not allowed)

I joined a S Club 7 contest once, where we had to design a logo for them and I actually won a CD! Still have it now, and I think I can remember most of the lyrics for all S Club 7 songs =D

They even had their own tv series, I remember watching it on TV back then. It was soooo cheesy, but I kept watching anyway. Anyone else watched that??

Found my first 'lyrics book' while hunting for my old CDs. Can't believe I wrote all those lyrics down! (Oh who am I kidding, I still do that. Think I have about a dozen books dedicated to lyrics...haha) I remember buying those Smash Hits magazines, and they weren't cheap. Should have kept them instead of throwing them away...


Girl Thing - Last One Standing

For some odd reason, I really loved this song. Even after all these years, I still like this song lol. The official video was fun! (Ripping off the Spice Girls though) Too bad they only had one hit...


Gosh I really miss those songs.
Cheesy or not, those songs were fun to listen to!
*goes off to listen to my old CDs*
=D

2 comments:

Amanda Vi Britannia said...

ZOMG S Club 7! Lol. I remember the craze back then. Back then there was this really popular Disney show called Disney Buzz, with Jien and and and... that cute Malay girl whose name starts with A and Karen I think? From the Philippines.

LOL. Good ol' times.

I remember the song One in a Million from them XD

Amanda said...

Woohoo! Old times *dreamy*