Saturday, February 26, 2011

First Impressions

Currently Listening To: Glee Cast - One Less Bell to Answer/A House is not a Home


It's time for Americaaaaaan Idol - again!
And yes even though I'm not that excited about this season, I'm still planning to blog about it. Why would I do that? Well, number 1: I'm bored. Number 2: It's fun to look back on old entries one year later so...yeah.

Anyway, the Hollywood rounds are over and the Top 24 has been decided. I thought they were going to change the format or something, but I guess not? It's still 12 guys and 12 girls. Alrighty, my first impressions of the contestants this year:


From Daemonstv.com


The Guys

Brett Loewenstern - Hmmm, his hair is really distracting. Not particularly fond of him but I guess he's all right...

Jovany Barreto - Agree with J.Lo, great upper range but other than that bleh.

Jacob Lusk - Oversinging much? Overemotional too.

Paul McDonald - TPTB didn't show much of him so...I don't know. He's interesting enough though.

Clint Jun Gamboa - Hate this guy. Jerk, and he's not that great anyway.

Robbie Rosen - David Archuleta 2.0. Not necessarily a bad thing. My favourite for now.

Stefano Langone - Well, he's decent enough. Nothing to shout about.

Jordan Dorsey - I don't see what's so great about him. Deandre Brackensick should have been in over him I think.

Tim Halperin - Another unknown interesting enough to catch a little of my attention.

James Durbin - Oh god. Adam Lambert wannabe for sure. Mr I'm-just-gonna-screamwailscreech-every-word-cos-it-worked-for-Adam! Can't stand the guy.

Casey Abrams - Interesting choices of instruments. A more polished Taylor Hicks perhaps? I do like him though.

Scotty McCreery - He made me hate the song he couldn't stop singing. No idea why he's still in the competition. His so called amazing deep voice is like Taylor Swift's - flat as hell.

The Girls

Naima Adedapo - I like this girl! No overpimping, and she has a nice voice.

Julie Zorilla - Omg this girl is awesome. Definitely one of my favourites!

Karen Rodriguez - Not bad either.

Lauren Turner - Two Laurens this year, and I prefer this Lauren.

Kendra Chantelle - Boring.

Ashthon Jones - Darn I missed the part where they showed her singing, so I have no idea.

Rachel Zevita - I guess she deserves a chance? Weird operatic chick.

Haley Reinhart - I don't get it. She doesn't deserve to make the Top 24. Just plain awful.

Thia Megia - Um. Well. She does have a good voice, but I think she's a little too unpolished for AI.

Lauren Alaina - This chick has issues with Steven Tyler. She just can't keep her hands off him! Seriously! He's 62 and she's 16 for heaven's sake. Good voice, but I don't like her at all.

Pia Toscano - ...who is she again? Sorry no clue who that is.

Tatynisa Wilson - This season's Lil Rounds perhaps.


Don't know them? Watch this.

No comments: