Monday, February 09, 2009

Politics/Music

Music: Radiohead - House of Cards


I was going to blog about something important that is still ongoing in Malaysia, but then I changed my mind. It's just too annoying for me to even say few words about it so let's talk about the next most interesting thing that happened today.

And that would be the 2009 Grammy Awards.

So anyway, did anyone else watch it? I've never been that big a fan of the Grammys but I still watch it for fun every year. Although it's not really a 'fun' show to watch, honestly speaking. Too much talking, and too many unheard of nominees. I mean, Robert Plant and Allison Strauss? I do know who they are but they're not exactly household names, so them winning anything at all is just a bit...bleh. And I can't give an honest opinion on their win because I've never heard their songs before. Then again my opinion doesn't matter XD

And talk about sucking up to Coldplay. First of all, their album isn't that great even if they sold a lot of it. But I guess Viva La Vida deserves the Song of the Year award though personally I'm seriously sick of that song!

Okay forget Coldplay for now (great live performance of Lost! though).

Congrats to Adele for winning Best New Artist. She deserves it even though I prefer Duffy. There can only be one winner after all. Thank God the Jonas Brothers didn't win, I actually thought they might since they're...popular among the tweens XD

Hmmm didn't really pay attention to the other awards so I'm not really sure who won what. Not that I finished watching the show lol.

I did see quite a few of the performances, starting with Coldplay. Quite a good performance I'd say. Next up was Miley Cyrus with Taylor Swift, and if you really want my honest opinion...well, that was one boring performance. Awful combo =P Kid Rock, Sugarland (I don't know, and I don't care who they are), Radiohead (now that was one interesting performance!), Paul McCartney + Foo Fighters, Estelle and Kanye West, Kanye West + Jayz + Lil Wayne + M.I.A. (freaking hell, she was due to give birth today and yet she was performing!) + Someone-Else-I-Can't-Place, Carrie Underwood and um. Yeah. I think those are the only performances I saw.

Oh and does anyone know about the pre-Grammys incident with Rihanna and Chris Brown? Apparently Chris assaulted Rihanna yesterday and that was why U2 replaced Rihanna as the opening act. (To Trix: I know you're a fan of Chris Brown and Rihanna so...yikes)

No comments: