Thursday, April 14, 2011

Another Night of Mediocrity + Results

Currently Listening To: Secret Episodes (Rekishi Hiwa Historia OST) - Yuki Kajiura


I should be doing my Retail Marketing essay right now, but let me get this out of my system first:

Welcome to American Idol without Pia Toscano!

This week's theme is a theme that I seriously detest - Songs from the Movies. (For crying out loud, NOBODY chooses good songs for this theme EVER. Except maybe Adam Lambert...)

Definitely not one of my favourite Season 10 nights. Like every other Movie theme night from previous seasons, the contestants failed to choose songs that are at -least- interesting (I think Casey and James came close, but not close enough).

And so we begin...

...with Paul, dear lord. So he has two rose suits - one in white and another in black. Seriously. Get rid of those damn suits Paul! They're quite ugly. If Steven Tyler digs your outfit, and you're a guy, it means you have no fashion sense k? SOMEBODY GET HIM A STYLIST! Oh wait, I should be talking about his singing! I wonder why I forgot...maybe it's because...he didn't sing well? America, if you have any heart, please just send this guy home.

Next on the chopping block would be Stefano. Try as I might, I just can't get into this guy anymore. I feel sorry for him, I really do. I mean, he looked really nervous and awkward on the stage and he sang decently, but his song choices are killing me. If Pia was eliminated because she was boring, then Stefano should have been eliminated like 3 weeks ago. So what's the difference between him and Pia? Oh yes, he's SAUSAGE and she's not. Right.

Again, Haley failed to deliver, and got 'heavy' criticism from the judges. I say heavy because NOBODY ELSE received any criticism even when they deserved it (ahem Paul). Compared to the criticism from any other season however (unbelievable! Just a few weeks ago I would have said this season's judges rock), this is like...what, a small prick? Performance wise, it was pretty out there. Kinda like Steven when he's drunk. I didn't think she sounded bad, maybe just...unprepared and a bit all over the place. Poor Haley, she's getting the Pia treatment according to crazy Idol fans. Will their predictions come true? I guess we'll find out tomorrow...*cue horror music*

Our country darlings Scotty and Lauren gave rather uninspired performances this week. I don't know what to say. Vocally, both were decent and well, in tune, but I don't know. They kinda fell flat for me. Nothing different, nothing interesting. Scotty's song choice was super boring, and that almost made him as bad as Stefano, while Lauren did a credible job with Miley's The Climb. Unfortunately, it had no punch so Kelly Clarkson she's not. Sorry kiddo. But it seems like both of them have the most fans (Or so I read from idolforum's NGH)? That should keep them quite safe.

So Jacob, he was safe last week, even though he made a really stupid comment. Did he redeem himself this week? I would have to say...sorta? It is one of his rare controlled performances, and he sounded good enough but geez, Jacob's wearing me out at this stage. He looked quite nervous himself, on the stage and off. At least he didn't oversing this time? Oh well. To quote Michael Slezak from tvline.com: If Jacob ends up in the bottom three this week, it won’t be because he sang the song badly, it’ll be because America didn’t want to look into the troubled water and see their own reflections.

I know most people prefer James' performance over Casey's tonight, (judging from Slezak and NGH) but I beg to differ! I loved Casey's song choice! I like how he disagreed with Jimmy Iovine (the music director or whatever) and his why-is-he-there-sidekick Will.i.am, and stuck to his own choice. I mean seriously, Phil Collins? Pfftt. Good job Casey! Loved that jazzy arangement! And the song sounded awesome. James? Well, he screamed his way through his 'heavy-metal' song choice and apparently it sounded really good to everyone else but me (I think).

Is there anyone who agrees with me? Casey Abrams over James Durbin this week?? Leave a message!

P.S: I really am curious to know why Will.i.am is always there beside Iovine? Are they using his recording studio or something? Or did he blackmail Nigel Lythgoe to keep him on the show?? Insane. I demand an explanation!!

EDIT - Results:

NAILED IT! Bottom 3 as predicted, with the correct person going home. Goodbye Paul, see you again on some cruise ship somewhere.

2 comments:

beato said...

yay! brilliant review yet again. i think u reviewed if better then those idol fan sites xD must link u there d.. ahhaha

YAY! finally.. Paul is out. he shud not be in top 13 in the fist place..

Amanda said...

lol thanks? XD
and yep, dunno why he's there!! pity the other guys.