Thursday, April 28, 2011

Top 6 and Duets + Results

Currently Listening To: Lykke Li - I Follow Rivers


It's another good week for American Idol, with Carole King as the theme. Nobody sucked cos at least the songs are guaranteed to be good, right? Also, for some weird reason, they decided to pair the contestants up and make them sing duets. A good way to fill up the 1 and 1/2 hours I guess? Better than random fillers.

The worst performer of the night was definitely Lauren. Girl has no soul whatsoever. She sang the theme song from Gilmore Girls, I think. And um, it wasn't good. She wasn't really in tune, and she obviously did not feel the song at all. I like that she is trying to spread her wings a little but honestly, she IS too young for the competition. Out of so many 16 year old girls who made it to the Top 12 (or 24), Lauren is definitely one of the more immature ones. Too emotionally fragile, and therefore not ready for the stage.

Jacob's performance wasn't bad. It just wasn't very good compared to the other four. If anyone other than Jacob or Lauren goes home tomorrow, I swear I'll scream and rant on every single American Idol forum I can find! Dude's just not killing it. Better than Lauren, but still way off.

Casey was all jazzy again, and I liked it, didn't love it. Casey's deal is...well, he's not very mainstream now is he? His last 'mainstream' song choice (Harder to Breathe) was very strange. I can't decide whether I like him or not. Oh well, there's always...

Scotty! Excellent performance for our resident country dude. Whatever the song was, it wasn't very country and it worked for him. I prefer Scotty when he isn't singing country. His voice may be perfect for country music, but he actually sounds better when he's singing something else. Maybe a little R&B or rock next week? That'll rock my socks off!

I'm officially on the Haley train now. Loved her song choice! Very unusual, and it really suited her voice. She looked absolutely gorgeous too (Steven agrees with me, HAH! Does that make me a dirty old man then?). Haley Haley Haley! Seriously, if Haley's in the bottom 3 (or eliminated) tomorrow, I will scream and rip someone's hair off.

*cough*It looks like I'm in the mood to scream...maybe I'll be the next James Durbin/Jacob Lusck.*cough*

Anyway, despite my sudden devotion for Haley...I'll have to say that James gave the best performance tonight. Mostly because he stopped screaming/screeching/wailing unnecessarily (he didn't quite hold back for his duet though), and actually sang a good song, with an unusual arrangement. Kinda like David Cook lite I guess? It was good, and I actually enjoyed listening to his performance for once. (Also, the studio recording of Uprising is good! -Almost- better than the original. And I don't like that song).

Did I forget something?

Oh yes, the duets.

Duets hmmm. I guess Haley and Casey's duet was the best, they look so good together. And they sounded good together too.

Lauren and Scotty's duet fell flat, unfortunately. Scotty was better than Lauren, I'm not sure what's up with Lauren but she's drifting off the Idol stage for sure. Her individual performance wasn't good, and neither was her part in the duet so...I hope she'll be in the bottom 3, if not eliminated, tomorrow. Sorry Lauren, I think your time is up.

James and Jacob's duet was...odd, to say the least. What on earth was that? The Odd Couple live on the Idol stage? (I'm pretty sure Steven hated that performance LOL) Lotsa screaming and two boys behaving like kids drunk on rock and roll...alright, I admit it they looked like they were having fun.

P.S: Crystal Bowersox is performing on tomorrow's result show! And Bruno Mars! I'm actually excited for the results show!!!

...

Oh snap, the royal wedding is tomorrow so I guess I'll be watching the repeat for the results then =/

Edit: Results

I suppose I should be screaming now cos Casey's gone instead. Oh well...I'd rather him go than Haley so yeah, no screaming.

And it looks like Jimmy Iovine threw Haley under the bus. I only have two words for the AI producers (Nigel Lythgoe, to be specific): F*** you!

2 comments:

trix said...

i kinda like nigel in so u think u can dance.. :P

Amanda said...

he's better in so you think you can dance =/