Tuesday, May 03, 2011

Helplessness Blues

Currently Listening To: Fleet Foxes - Grown Ocean


I think I'm in love with Fleet Foxes now.

There's just something about their songs. Very haunting.

Thanks to Grizzly Bear, I've become a fan of indie folk music, and also Fleet Foxes. I can't remember how I discovered them, but it is definitely a good discovery. I loved the songs from their self-titled first album and the Sun Giant EP - lovely songs with meaningful lyrics and the wonderful harmonization of their voices. Not to mention the haunting, lilting melodies of their songs.

Anyway, their second album Helplessness Blues just came out today and I've just finished listening to it.



Track Listing:
01. Montezuma
02. Bedouin Dress
03. Sim Sala Bim
04. Battery Kinzie
05. The Plains / Bitter Dancer
06. Helplessness Blues
07. The Cascades
08. Lorelai
09. Someone You’d Admire
10. The Shrine / An Argument
11. Blue Spotted Tail
12. Grown Ocean

As far as I'm concerned, it's a beautiful album. Loved most of the songs. Without a doubt it's the best album I've listened to so far in 2011. Lykke Li's Wounded Rhymes is a close second (I will be reviewing that later).

Ratings: 9/10
Recommendations: Bedouin Dress, Sim Sala Bim, Lorelai, The Shrine/An Argument, Grown Ocean

No comments: