Thursday, May 26, 2011

Battle of the Country Darlings + Results

Currently Listening To: Haley Reinhart - You've Really Got A Hold On Me


The American Idol Season 10 finale is finally here, and it is...*drumroll* a Country-fest, courtesy of Wittle Wauwen (Lauren Alaina) and Scotty McCreery (otherwise known as Mr. Baby-lock-them-doors)! Are we excited or what? I know I'm not but what the heck, it's still fairly entertaining to watch.

Let's run through the performances chronologically again, where Scotty won the coin toss but allowed Lauren to choose the performance order, and she chose to go second. So we're stuck with Scotty first.

Round 1 - Reprise

Scotty chose to sing Gone from the Top 5 night, and I guess he sang it well? It's a fun song, not one of the boring country ballads so I suppose it will work in his favour. Vocals, check. Stage presence, check. Is that good enough though? Honestly I don't know, I thought he had it in the bag but after hearing the both of them sing...I'm not so sure anymore.

Lauren's choice was Flat on the Floor, one of her better performances in my opinion. I think she sounded better the first round though. She sounded pretty breathless again, but she had more spirit this time so that too will work in her favour. After all, it's The Chosen One Wittle Wauwen. All that pimping - I'm really worried for Scotty now. It's VERY obvious they want Lauren to win, and they're not beating around the bushes about it. Lauren had a problem with her voice, boohoo, but she's all ready to sing, says the American Idol doctor so no problem there!

Was that even necessary? Yeah? The answer to that question is NO. Hella no. The bus is coming for Scotty and it's travelling at almost-full speed...

Moving on to Round 2 - Idol Hopeful's Idol's choice

Ah yes, I don't know who George Strait is but apparently he's Scotty's idol and he chose a song for Scotty to sing. Check Yes Or No is the title of the song and um...well, that's a really sad title. Check yes or no for Scotty this round? I'm gonna go with...maybe no. It was not a bad performance, but like Scotty's many other performances, it was boring. Whattup man? Choose a better song for the poor boy Mr. Strait! Or did you get the memo for the bus...? The bus is speeding up...

Lauren's idol is Carrie Underwood! Why am I not surprised? At any rate, Carrie chose a really nice song for Lauren, Maybe It Was Memphis. It suited her voice perfectly and guess what, Lauren actually sang it very well. Oh dear. Bad news for Scotty...will his gigantic fanbase save him from the unstoppable Lauren train????

Ding ding ding Round 2 goes to Lauren...hands down. And I don't even like her.

Ready for Round 3?

Here we go. Round 3 - Their first single!

Scotty my dear, that song title is gonna kill you. Love You This Big sounds like a song a little 5 year old kid would sing! Who wrote that song? Why that title? I think Love You This Much would be a much better title. Don't you think so? Anyway, the song wasn't that bad but it sure wasn't catchy. I really wanted Scotty to beat Lauren, but that is definitely going to be be an uphill battle for him. What with the song choices, and the way they're pimping Lauren...he's gone I tell you, gone...(please surprise me tomorrow America, PLEASE! I beg you T_T)

As for Lauren, well, she got a song that will win her casual votes for sure. Like My Mother Does is going to be Lauren's first single if she wins and guess what? It's a Kristy Lee Cook song! I'll be posting a link after this whole thing, read it and you'll see why that whole Kristy thing is soooo important. All right, back to the song. I really won't call that singing, cos the entire performance was a pimping session for Lauren. Song that will touch the audience, check. Lead her to her mother (led by Ryan Seacrest! Zomg), check. The endless praise for Lauren no matter what happens, check. Oh geezus. OKAY fine, I'll be fair, the song was not too bad but that was definitely not Lauren at her best. But who cares? She was wearing prom dresses! She sang to her mother! She cried! Her mother cried!!

What did Scotty do? Well yeah he sang too, unfortunately he did not get any pimping. The judges already named Lauren their idol, so what else is left?

I have to admit that Lauren sang better than Scotty tonight but er, the thought of her winning just pisses me off. Why? Because I don't want the bloody producers to get their way! All that manipulation - it's disgusting I tell ya! Thanks to them, I actually miss JAMES (of all people!) and of course, Haley (robbed! ROBBED!). They should have been the final 2 dammit.

Sigh.

Read this for some fun info and of course, the Kristy Lee Cook curse!

Idol Superstitions

P.S: I was looking forward to David Cook's performance, but meh. That wasn't very good. David dearest sang well but the song? Yeah, the goodbye song that plays in the background when someone gets eliminated? That song. Doesn't sound good at all. Poor David, please do more covers of Rolling In The Deep if those are the kind of songs you're stuck with, k? Oh and Taio Cruz sucked.

P.P.S: Holy shit all the way to the Top 2, and not a single pimp spot for Scotty! That's the end of the pimp spot myth I guess. It doesn't work hahahahaha. Yeah.

P.P.P.S: Oh oh read this review! It's a good one, cos he was actually in the audience. So yeah.

A Review by NGH from idolforums

~.~


Please don't read this section if you don't want to be spoiled.







Scotty won!








Best news ever. (Why am I happy? He's not even my favourite!)

Take that Nigel Lythgoe! Looks like the bus got de-wheeled and de-roofed.

122 million votes. That is insane!

The Prophecy has been fulfilled! All hail Kristy Lee Cook!

And seriously, Lauren fans? Scotty was pimped? Please. He may have been given a free pass for boring performances but no way in hell was he pimped, okay? Lauren was, and all that pimping pissed off other fanbases.

On the bright side, I love the attitudes of the contestants.

It's pretty obvious that they all get along.

However, now I'm worried about his single...Love You This Big sucks even more than No Boundaries.

I must have missed it, Scotty kissed Lauren romantically? On the lips?? Serious???? Holy crap.

No comments: