Saturday, May 14, 2011

So it's almost ending...

Currently Listening To: Fleet Foxes - English House


We're down to three contestants now, and what we have is one bluesy-singer sandwiched between two country darlings.

Yes that's right, HALEY REINHART IS IN THE TOP 3 TO WIN IT Y'ALL!

I'll have to admit I didn't really see that coming, thought she'd be the one booted out instead of James. It's a bit sad for James because Scotty was the least interesting performer this week so yeah...still, it's better than Haley (who deserves to win!) leaving. Honestly, I do feel bad about James...his exit was mainly due to the incompetent judges not giving him good advice, and criticism when he needed it. Instead, they decided to throw another contestant under the bus and got the voters into a voting frenzy for that bussed contestant. Sucks for both of them.

Anyway, an analysis of the Top 3:

Let's start with Lauren. I'm gonna assume that Lauren is still the 'chosen one', cos she's been performing pretty well lately and to top that off, she seems like a really nice albeit naive girl. It was nice of her to defend Haley and call out the judges for not being fair. At least the girl has balls! (Can't say the same for the other dudes).

So what is her advantage? A decent voice, the Barbie-doll looks and obviously her singing COUNTRY music. America loves that (look at Taylor Swift, Lauren can sing circles around that chick. With her voice, surely she'd do better?). However, I think some Lauren fans are pretty delusional. Look, the girl can sing and all, but really she hasn't been that great. She didn't really get any criticism, okay? They gave her ONE advice and she made a face. Haley got trashed REPEATEDLY and THEN ONLY did she make a face. See the difference? On a side note, I actually like how she sounds in the studio recordings. Out of all the contestants, Haley and Lauren have the best recording voices, so go girls!

Two country singers in the Top 2, fancy that. I suppose Scotty is more country than Lauren? He'd do better if he varies it a bit. All those country ballads are boring me to tears, and those cheesy country songs are just disastrous. He needs to find some sort of a balance. Who cares though, no matter what he does, he'll be safe anyway. That's a conclusion we've all come to.

As for Haley, well Haley. I don't know. One part of me wants her to win while the other part is just glad that she made the Top 3. If she doesn't do well next week, and is eliminated, I won't be sad. I'll be proud of her for overcoming all that ridiculous bussing and proving them wrong. It's obvious that the judges don't like her that much, so I doubt she'll be receiving any sympathy from the judges...Steven might not be rude to her, but I get a feeling that he's not exactly her biggest fan.

It's really strange though. Before they entered the Top 12, the judges were all over Haley. When she oversang (I seriously hated that performance, was actually pissed off when she made it through), they were completely delighted and declared their love for her. When she started to improve, they just criticized her to no end.

I don't mind them criticizing her if she wasn't good, but they should do the same to the contestants when they suck too. Not praise them to the skies and then diss just one contestant just cos you're not suppose to support her (that happened to Pia too). I guess they were afraid that her progress would be a threat to one of their chosen ones (well it backfired, James is gone now...)

Looking back on the results show from yesterday, I think J.Lo DOES like Haley, but Randy hates her and Steven is just indifferent I suppose. All I have to say is, poor Haley for the double standard. It sucks to be in her position, and for that reason alone I WANT HER TO WIN.

Also, this is the first year with two female contestants in the Top 3 in a long, long time. The last time it happened was Season 6, I think. Jordin, Blake and Melinda right? Here's hoping Haley won't get the Melinda curse...BEST OF LUCK HALEY, please kill it next week! You have my support.

No comments: