Friday, April 01, 2011

It's Happening Again

Currently Listening To: Thia Megia - Daniel (Studio Version)


Thia and Naima were sent home this week, and Paul joined them in the bottom three. Once again, I can't say I was surprised with the results (my predictions were wrong though!).

And with that, we're left with 6 guys and...3 girls.

Seriously! I think the 3 remaining girls are better than the 6 guys, but with America...who knows? Lee Dewyze won last year, yet Crystal Bowersox was the frontrunner all the way through.

Will history repeat itself (for the fourth time)? Or will the 6 guys drop like flies starting from next week? Honestly, I don't think any of the guys deserve to win except for maybe Scotty or James.

I don't think Haley is as good as Lauren or Pia, but she's growing on me for sure! I love the studio recordings of her songs, and she actually sounded better live for Bennie and the Jets. Amazing. Three/four weeks ago I was complaining about her being in the Top 13, and now I'm supporting her! Talk about changing lanes...

Anyway, I think Naima deserved to be booted out since she was way off this week, but Thia was actually decent this time around. She should have left like...three weeks ago, at least she deserved it then. I found the studio version of Daniel very lovely, even though her live performance wasn't that impressive.

Oooh on another note, they got rid of the group performance for this results show! Lauren and Scotty sang a lovely duet (am I the only who thinks that they'd make a perfect country couple?), and naturally it was a country song. Naima and Jacob sang another duet, which wasn't that good. The remaining four guys (James, Paul, Casey and Stefano) performed as a group, but it wasn't that great (it was bordering on horrible actually). Same goes for Pia, Thia and Haley's rendition of Teenage Dreams - a bit too cheesy, that one.

And what was up with that Jamie Foxx/Will.i.am performance? Now that's what I call a trainwreck. All dazzle and nothing else. Fantasia's was pretty good, she may not have been my favourite for Season 3 but that girl still sounds good now. Her appearance however, not so much...

Anyway, this week has been a good week for Idol...nice performances, no -complete- disasters, the right (sorta) people went home, a positive change for the results show...hopefully next week will be just as good! (Personally, I think it's time for Paul to leave the show.)

P.S: I kinda like Fantasia's new song O.O

No comments: