Thursday, March 22, 2012

And Another Week

Currently Listening To: Neyo - One in a Million


Ah yes it's Billy Joel week, and how did our fair contestants fare? Not too bad I suppose, save for a few of them especially....

Deandre - Only the Good Die Young
Oh boy. What can I say. Mark Salling sang it better? That was quite a disastrous performance, to be honest. I mean it didn't sound bad, but the song did not suit him and there was no life in his delivery. Sigh Deandre, please pick better songs if you survive or else you'll be going home and I will not be sad at all.

Heejun - My Life
It may not have been a great performance, but I'm with J.Lo and Randy for this one. Disagreeing with Steven completely. It was entertaining, and he actually sounded pretty good despite of his prancing around. Or should I say in spite of? My opinion anyway. Dude really does have a nice tone. Even when he's out of tune he sounds...pleasant. He would have sounded pretty awesome if he had just stood and sang the song. And Steven didn't look that pissed off, what's with the whole Steven vs Heejun threads in idolforums? I think the fans are the ones who should lighten up.

Hollie - Honesty
Ouch, she went out of tune a few times so...she wasn't as good as usual. Not so great but still...better than some of the others? And Tommy...what in the world is your definition of dressing young? Like a business woman? What's up with her outfit? She looked even older than last week! *facepalm*

Erika - New York State of Mind
Nice vocals, unfortunately I don't think she has much of a fanbase. Lovely song choice too. And the makeover Tommy Hilfiger gave her? Very interesting. From a blonde to a...Glambert lookalike? Hmmm...

Joshua - She's Got a Way
I guess his voice probably saved him because the song was pretty dull. And quite unknown. Don't know what to say about it except that it was nowhere as good as last week's performance.

Skylar - Shameless
I think she's easily the most consistent contestant this season, and slightly underrated. Although she never stands out (thanks to girls like Hollie and Jessica), she does deliver solid vocals - every single week without fail, and you know what? That's a good thing. Kinda like Scotty last year. So far she has yet to make any bad song choices, and that's working in her favour too. Also, she is so mature for an 18 year old O.o impressive. I don't even like country music and yet I'm rooting for Skylar! Go Skylar!

Colton - Piano Man
I didn't quite get the hype about his performance. Yeah he was good and he sang with a lot of conviction, but it wasn't completely perfect. A little shaky in the beginning, got better as he progressed though. Enough with the hair Colton, individuality or not, it looks pretty bad.

Phillip - Movin' Out
Ooooh I loved that! It was exactly what I wanted from him so yeah, I'm a happy Phillip fan this week! Very awesome song choice, and he looked cuter than usual LOL. Kudos to him for proving Tommy wrong about the colour grey. He looked extra hot in grey on grey, and I'd vote for him anytime if I could.

Jessica - Everybody Has a Dream
Technically perfect, a little empty on the delivery. I felt like she wasn't completely connected with the song, but she did sing it extremely well. Second place for me tonight due to Elise's powerful and emotional delivery.

Elise - Vienna
Another female I'm fully supporting! That makes 4 - Hollie, Jessica, Skylar and of course, Elise. Elise was so awesome tonight, just like she was last week and two weeks ago. Excellent song choice, and she sang it well, plus it was unlike anything else that was sung this week. And thank you Randy for giving credit when credit is due.If she's in the bottom 3 again this week, I will be throwing something at the TV for sure.

One word to sum up this week's performances - strange. Heejun's performance, VOCALLY, wasn't all that bad but he's getting a lot of flack for his sense of humour. Jessica sounds great, but is getting a little boring. Deandre...is falling apart. Erika is somehow extremely forgettable no matter how good she sounds, which is sad by the way. And Elise? I don't know, I really hope she'll be getting enough votes this week cos it sure seems like she ain't that popular. Come on Elise fans, please vote more. I'm counting on you!

Who should go home this week? Deandre

Who will be going home this week Sadly, I think it's gonna be Erika.

EDIT: Results

And I'm right, Erika gone. Sigh I know she's a good singer but if she can't get enough votes almost every week...well. Sorry about that Erika.

P.S: OMG I didn't know Only the Good Die Young's about sex ROFL. That makes Deandre's performance even worse...

No comments: