Thursday, April 12, 2012

And We're Almost Done...or Are We?

Currently Listening To: Adele - Rumour Has It
So it's another good week for our American Idol Season 11 contestants, which goes to show how good this year's kids are. And yes I say kids because they're all younger than me with the exception of Elise.

It's still really hard for me to rank the contestants, at any rate it's pretty much the same as last week.

Hollie - Perfect by Pink To me, Hollie was once again the weakest performer of the night. Vocally she wasn't that off, just a few pitchy moments here and there. And like Heejun, she has a problem with enunciation. She also has this nasally tone, and when she tries too hard it reaaaaaally doesn't sound good. So...yeah. I'm sorry Hollie, you're just not progressing much.

Phillip - Give a Little More by Maroon 5 You know what, J.Lo was spot on with her comments. Sure he didn't sound awful, but like Hollie, there wasn't any improvement. It's a good thing that he's excellent with song choices. Phil is definitely the weakest vocalist left in the competition, and at some point he really needs to go. I still like the guy, I just don't think he deserves to last longer than the other competitors.


Elise - You and I by Lady Gaga Well. Haley sang it a lot better, so I don't think that was such a wise song choice for Elise. Once again, she wasn't quite in tune, and it didn't sound very um, smooth. Didn't like her performance much, it's just that she sounded slightly better than Phillip and Hollie.

Joshua - Runaway Baby by Bruno Mars Now that was an interesting performance by Joshua. Different than his usual song choices, and also from the other song choices of the night. At least it proves that he can sing more than ballads?

Colton - Love the Way You Lie by Skylar Gray For once I actually liked his performance in spite of his whiny tone. That's a good thing though, it's the perfect time to peak on idol and I think he did just that. Excellent song choice for his voice, and some excellent singing to go with it.

Skylar - Didn’t You Know How Much I Love You by Kellie Pickler Skylar went first, and I can still remember her performance. Shows how good she is eh? She sang the song beautifully, and I think she was pretty much pitch perfect, as mentioned by J.Lo (at least I think it's J.LO? Or was it Steven?)

Jessica - Stuttering by Jazmine Sullivan I've never heard that song before, but Jessica made me love it. In my opinion, it was an excellent song choice and as usual she sang it perfectly. Go Jessica! And with that out of the way...

Who should be going home...Hollie

Who will be going home? SERIOUSLY I DON'T KNOW. All the best to all of them.

EDIT - Results:

Believe or not the lowest vote-getter was Jessica. I'm not sure if I truly believe that though, the way they 'saved' her was a bit too fishy. But any rate, she's still in the competition and that's a good thing. Keep it up Jess, don't let them get you down!

No comments: