Monday, May 07, 2012

Strangeland

Currently Listening To: Lana Del Rey - Born to Die


I've been waiting for Keane's fourth studio album Strangeland for some time now, and it is finally out today - 7th May. I heard the little snippets of their tracks a few weeks ago and was quite impressed, but now that I'm done with the whole album...I don't really know how I feel about it? I mean, it's an okay album but somehow something is missing. There are a few great tracks in the album though. Personally I love Sea Fog and The Starting Line, those two songs are reminiscent of the early Keane. The rest of it is just so-so, the studio version of Disconnected is pretty awesome, and lead single Silenced by the Night is good as well. Unfortunately, the additional tracks for the Deluxe version are just...too eighties, especially The Boys. When I first saw the title, my mind immediately went to the Girls Generation song instead so yeah, not very impressed. The song itself is pretty um, unimpressive as well. Too cheesy 80s pop.


Track Listing
1. You Are Young
2. Silenced by the Night
3. Disconnected
4. Watch How You Go
5. Sovereign Light Café
6. On the Road
7. The Starting Line
8. Black Rain
9. Neon River
10. Day Will Come
11. In Your Own Time
12. Sea Fog

Additional Tracks:

13. Strangeland
14. Run with Me
15. The Boys
16. It's Not True

Overall: 7/10
Standouts: Sea Fog (beautiful song), The Starting Line, Silenced by the Night, You Are Young, Watch How You Go.


I guess the album didn't quite live up to my expectations. I was really expecting something mind-blowing, like Helplessness Blues. My favourite Keane album as of now is still Under the Iron Sea.

Now excuse me while I go listen to more MBLAQ.

No comments: