Friday, January 16, 2009

When The Past Comes Back To Haunt You...

...okay, maybe not haunt. I just couldn't think of anything fancy for the title so that will have to do. The past actually brings back good memories.

Anyway, I was cleaning my room in preparation for CNY when I found this box of my old stuff. From way back when computers were still kinda foreign. I think. Maybe not that long. Was 2000/2001 that long ago? Sigh. Time and its tendency to fly.

So I found a box of my old stuff. Had all sorts of things in it. Mad Libs, pins and needles, papers, autograph books, a tiny lavender-coloured handbag lol and a whole lot of other things.

The most interesting thing in it was the old autograph books from Standard 6 and Form 1. Boy were we crazy back then. Remember all those colour pens we bought for the purpose of signing autograph books? We must have spent a fortune on it!

We were really childish back then, giving all sorts of weird information to each other. And the 'Best Friends' category. Everyone was our best friend. Whatever happened to all those best friends huh. (Sorry for being cynical but hey, that's life.) Does anyone remember, we used to write:

'Best Friends: U lar, .....etc.'

Lol. Ular. What the heck, were we all snakes? Haha.

Really brings back old memories. The nice things we wrote in each other's books, those cheesy poems that we just had to put in. And worse of it all...pictures!

I actually wrote stuff like,'Add your photo if you can! =D' Stalker much? =P And you what, I sure got them pictures. Pei Ling, if you read this and still remember, I have a baby picture of you! XD

*sniffs the air*

Wow, my autograph book still smells good after almost ten years (it was scented). Fascinating! This makes me miss CLS even more I guess =( Wish I could turn back time, and revisit those old days. Only the good times, not the bad ones of course.

Other than that, I also found this old astrology file thingy that I used to collect. Not for free of course, it's like subscribing to Cleo or something. My mum put a stop to it after a few months so all I've got is just a bit of it.



It came together with tarot cards, but I only have 7 (out of??).

No comments: