Saturday, June 13, 2009

More About Music

Currently Listening To: Empire of the Sun - Standing On The Shore


You know what, I really should just turn this blog into a music blog, since that seems to be the only thing I talk about. Call it an obsession or whatever, but I don't think I'll be able to live without music. Yeah, music rocks!~

Anyway, I've been listening to White Lies and Empire of the Sun a lot lately.
Fairly unusual stuff, if you're not into/tired of mainstream music, do check these guys out! White Lies will be touring with Coldplay soon too (or maybe they're already touring now), so good exposure for them. And I'll have to admit this, I'd take White Lies over Coldplay anytime.


White Lies's latest single

However, White Lies seems to have an obsession with death and other morbid stuff. Seriously, that's the only thing they sing about! Especially the song Unfinished Business, if I understand the lyrics correctly the song's about the dude's girlfriend killing him and yet he's still pining for her or something. Get it? Unfinished business? =P

Rating for White Lies' debut album To Lose My Life...: 8/10 ♥ ♥

Rating for Empire of the Sun's debut album Walking On A Dream: 7.5/10

And I love Jason Mraz's Lucky too, awesome song.



Utada Hikaru has a new single, and it's an English song. I think she should stick to Japanese songs. So much better than her English stuff. Her new single, Come Back To Me (apparently written by her father) reminds me of Mariah Carey's We Belong Together. I don't hate the song, but I don't really like it either.


(Can't find the official video on youtube)

~~~

*start rant*

Sigh, every time I hear Kris Allen's No Boundaries on the radio I change the station immediately.

Why, you wonder?

Well, I blame Hitz.fm for that!
Thanks to that stupid poll in their website, I now hold a grudge against Kris's version of that song. I'm sorry Kris, I really don't have anything against you.

Truth is, I can't stand No Boundaries. But Adam made that song tolerable for me (the official single I mean, not the god awful finale performances).

So to take off Adam's No Boundaries from the playlist, that just...pisses me off.
I may have voted for Adam in that poll but I really don't want them to remove Kris's either so don't get mad at me Kris fans.

Damn you Hitz! I'm so over you, it's all Fly.fm for me from now on.

*end rant*

Phew, glad to get that off my chest...lol.

2 comments:

Amanda Vi Britannia said...

Lol... and I have absolutely nothing to comment about if this continues because I don't listen to English songs. Japanese music FTW! =D

The Utada Hikaru video is not available in our country due to copyright issues, says Youtube O_O

Amanda said...

Really? O.o
Sigh I hate youtube nowadays...