Thursday, December 31, 2009

Farewell, My Old Friend 2009

Currently Listening To: Michael Jackson - This Is It


This is it.
The last day of 2009.
Tomorrow, when we wake up 2010 will be greeting us instead.

It has been quite an eventful year.
Not so much for me, but more for the world in general.
A year of ups and downs.

Far too many celebrities passed away this year, most of them from unfortunate incidents.
We lost the King of Pop, Michael Jackson back in June.
Also, Charlie's favourite angel, Farah Fawcett, who died on the same day as MJ.
Just a week ago or so we lost actress Brittany Murphy.
Not to forget Patrick Swayze, our very own dearest Yasmin Ahmad, actress Natasha Richardson...
May they rest in peace, hopefully 2010 will be a better year for the entertainment world.

To be honest with you, I don't recall any...positive events that happened in 2009.
There wasn't any particularly memorable or impressive achievements or milestones, unless Malaysia finally winning some football counts as impressive. Okay, maybe it is impressive but it is extremely insignificant in the grand scheme of all things.

Anyway, 2009 for me wasn't so bad.
Nothing special or exciting, but it certainly wasn't a terrible year.
I can still remember typing last year's 'speech', can't believe that was 365 days ago. It feels like just yesterday.

2009 also marks the year of my Adam Lambert obsession. I think I dedicated about a dozen (or more) blog posts to American Idol and that particular alien from Planet Fierce. I wonder if the new season of AI will inspire me as much as Season 8...January 13th 2010, Starworld Channel 711. Watch people, watch it!

And don't forget Glee, the most awesomest series of 2009! January 20th 2010, again Starworld Channel 711. Watch Glee, non-Gleeks, and Gleeks - watch Glee for the third/fourth/tenth time!

Last year's 'resolutions';


  1. Uh......spend less on books lol.
  2. Right. Get a job, and save up for the NDS! PSP! PS3! Wii! *more wishful thinking*
  3. Lalalala...*mind goes blank*


Yay at least I did achieve the first resolution.
I did spend less on books.
Almost 20 books less than last year, I believe.
Mission accomplished!
Sadly I did not get a job, so I can't save up for the NDS, PSP, PS3 and Wii...
Nevermind, there's always next year.

2010 will also be my last year at college if all goes well.
Then again that means I'll have to grow up and be an adult and get a job...full-time...earn money...no time for slacking, procrastinating...*shudders*
Not exactly fun.

I think I'll skip making resolutions this time around - it doesn't really help much now, does it? Resolutions are for the enthusiastic and ambitious. And I'm neither enthusiastic nor ambitious bahaha.

So are you ready for 2010?
I sure am...not.

Oh whatever, Happy 2010 people!

1 comment:

Amanda Vi Britannia said...

Uber super duper late comment, but Happy New Year 2010 sis! :D OMG two more years till the end of the world lol XD

I have never made resolutions because I don't believe in them and also because I know I'll never be able to achieve them :P So yeah. But right now I resolve to get a part time job so I can shop for more clothes! Have you seen this grey animal print tube dress in Nichii? OMG it's the fabness I wants it :(

I sound like a raving shopaholic O.o oh well another resolution marked, ABSTAIN FROM SHOPPING FOR 5 MONTHS! As if. XDDDDDD

Spam spam spam :D

My New Year present!