Friday, January 22, 2010

Favourite Songs of 2009

Currently Listening To: Keane - Sunshine


I've listened to a lot of songs in 2009, and you know what I thought it was a great year for music. What with the Lady Gaga craze, and the Taylor Swift phenomenon that started in 2008 and spilled over to 2009 with a huge splash, and of cos my personal favourite of the year - nothing US related - Kalafina. Okay so maybe Kalafina was already around before 2009 but I've only heard of them sometime last year. I think.

So anyway here's a list of my favourite artiste/songs of 2009. In no particular order:

1. Empire of the Sun We Are The People



2. Kalafina Natsu no Ringo, Seventh Heaven





Two of the best songs from their first album Seventh Heaven

3. Grizzly Bear Ready, Able




Another weird video from Grizzly Bear O.o

4. Lady Gaga Bad Romance


What an interesting part to pause at...

5. White Lies Unfinished Business, The Price of Love





6. Erin McCarley Pony (It's Ok), Gotta Figure This Out





7. Arctic Monkeys Cornerstone



8. Music from Glee =D









All hail Glee!

9. The Noisettes Never Forget You



10. Jay-Z feat. Alicia Keys Empire State of Mind



11. Yui Again

Can't find any proper videos for this song =(
Copyright issues I believe. Le sigh.
Love it though.
This song is the most played song in my iTunes music player thingy.
No joke.

I guess that's about it?

3 comments:

Amanda Vi Britannia said...

All Hail Kalafina! :D

Yui's Again is the most played song in your iTunes?? How many times? Mine is Everytime You Kissed Me by Emily Bindiger. From Pandora Hearts. 135 times XD All Hail Yuki Kajiura as well ;)

Amanda said...

*hails KALAFINA* XD
Kalafina rocks!
Hmmmm Yui 90 something times i think XD
Oooooh that song, for some odd reason I prefer it without any words lol. Lacie.

Rachel F said...

I love ur music taste, girl! We Are The People is like nothing else Ive ever listened to, and Erin McCarley has a great voice! Oh, and lets not even mention Glee :D