Friday, February 05, 2010

I'm Back...

Currently Listening To: Taylor Swift - You Belong With Me


Dear Blog,

It has been a while.
Sorry for abandoning you for two whole weeks - I just didn't have anything to say.
But now, I think I've found something to talk about.
So ladies and gentlemen, today I'll blog about...Taylor Swift's disastrous Grammy's performance with Stevie Nicks.

Let me start this off by saying...Good Lord she was terrible.
Don't believe me? Just watch this.



I really can't fault the critics for dissing her, she really was awful.
The ever so likable Taylor Swift was completely off-key!
I don't understand how anyone can defend her this time.
There are actually people saying 'Oh she's still young, she's still inexperienced, she's usually better,' etc.
Young? She's turning 21 this year. Not that young.
Inexperienced? For crying out loud she has been around for approximately 4 years! What inexperience? She has traveled all over the world, performed in front of huge crowds, sold millions of albums - if that's inexperience I don't know what to say.

Hell, Miley Cyrus sounds better than her live and Miley Cyrus is NOT GOOD.
At least Miss Cyrus isn't off-key.

Face it Taylor fans, this is not the first time she has failed in a live performance. Stop giving excuses, it's not helping her at all.

Now let's analyze that video.
The first song she sang was her own song - Today Was A Fairytale.
BAH. Bad. Taylor honey that's your own song surely you know what it sounds like?
Second song - Rhiannon with Stevie Nicks.
Just...painful to watch. First of all Taylor was...totally and absolutely off-key. Secondly she was swinging back and forth like I don't know - someone desperate for attention. And there are people who claimed that Stevie Nicks was off-key too. I listened to it again to make sure - sorry folks she wasn't, the person who sang it out of tune was Taylor Swift.
The last song she sang was the extremely overrated You Belong With Me.
Okay so that one wasn't so bad. She was singing in the right key for once (apparently it's a different key from the recorded version according to some random comment I saw). But other than that her voice was weak, squeaky, and just not good overall.

If she had auditioned for American Idol sounding like that, even Paula would have sent her packing I think. Taylor Swift you need vocal lessons!
I'm not saying that I'm a good singer or anything but thank God at least I'm not tone-deaf.
Sad to see her win the awards for Vocal Performance and Album of the Year. Sorry, but she just doesn't deserve it.


Right.
Moving on.
AMERICAN IDOL!
Anyone else watching that?
Doubt I'll be blogging about it this year.
Noone really interesting so far.
4 weeks of auditions and nobody really stood out.
Even the 'crazy' auditions aren't that crazy.
Here's hoping that it'll get better next week? Ellen's finally judging!

2 comments:

Amanda Vi Britannia said...

Never really was a fan of Taylor Swift, so yeah :) And she won Album of the Year beating Beyonce and Lady Gaga??? UNBELIEVABLE MAN. >_>

Gaga hasn't been around for more than 3 years, she already sounds like a veteran ;) and Beyonce... need I explain her awesomeness more? :D

Amanda said...

I know right!
What on earth were the voters thinking of? @_@
Lady Gaga and Beyonce - MUCH better than Taylor from all aspects!