Friday, February 19, 2010

American Idol 2010 - Let the frantic blogging begin...again!

Currently Listening To: Pink - Glitter In The Air


I never thought that I'd be excited for the latest season of American Idol but guess what, I kinda am. Excited, I mean. Don't know why but something about AI just appeals to me some how.

So anyway, American Idol Season 9 did not get off to a great start either, just like last year. The auditions (yes I actually watched all of it this time) were mostly mediocre or terrible. The guest judges were not as interesting as I thought they would be.

Despite the setbacks, it looks like you'll be seeing a lot of American Idol on my blog again (I really should be getting paid for my hard work) - the Top 24 this year is quite decent. I just love watching people sing their butts off on stage and then trashing them when they sound horrible =P

So, Top 24.
Although I think they're okay this year, I think the judges made a few poor choices (if you're a fan and read the American Idol blogs like me, you'll see a lot of people saying the same thing) by favoring better looking contestants over the more talented ones.

Case in point - Haeley Vaughan and Katelyn Epperley over Angela Martin and Shelby Dressel. Or Jermaine Sellers over Jermaine Purifory. Totally, absolutely unfair! Jermaine P. was my favourite audition-er so I was pretty pissed off when he wasn't chosen. Why did they choose the other Jermaine? He was awful! And he threw the band 'over' the bus to quote Kara. Dumb decision.

Another unlikely candidate for the Top 24 is Tim Urban. Seriously, everyone hates this dude for even making it past the first round because he isn't good at all. Seriously. What did the judges see in him? Okay fine so maybe we shouldn't be judging him yet. I mean, who knows what will happen? He might suddenly bedazzle us next week (I doubt it).

Back to Top 24.

The clear favourite for now is definitely Crystal Bowersox. Everyone seems to love her. Personally I think she's quite good but I have a feeling she just might crash and burn like Danny Gokey. Hopefully not cos I do like her.

Speaking of Danny Gokey, am I the only one who thinks that Andrew Garcia and Lee Dewyze resembles him? I mean, if you combine both of them together you'll get Danny Gokey. They kinda sound like him too. Scary stuff.

Right now I'm kinda favoring Didi Benami, Lilly Scott, Lacey Brown and Crystal. Yes, all girls. Most of the guys this year are just okay. A girl's definitely gonna win this year. Unless someone does a Kris Allen. If I had to choose a guy, I'd go for Casey James (Kara's BRAND NEW boytoy) or Andrew Garcia (the only male front runner so far).

Oh oh and I don't get the hype about that Korean dude, John Park. Based on his first audition (that was the only time we get to hear him sing ya know. Throughout the whole audition. Just one time. Then again a few of the Top 24 weren't even shown at all. Oh well?), he's not too bad but the hype?

Take a look at this website if you're interested to know who's being favored, and who's not - Top 24 Ranking

P.S: There's another A. Lambert in the competition this year ;)

No comments: