Saturday, February 27, 2010

At the end of the day...

Currently Listening To: Keane - Again and Again


...it doesn't matter if you're a female or male competing for the American Idol crown because the contestants of Season 9 are all completely unprepared for the real thing.

Okay so I didn't get to watch all the guys perform but those that I did manage to see were not so good. And the best performance of the night was just really mediocre compared to the previous seasons. That dubious honour goes to Casey James, and he managed to send Kara into crazy-land just by standing there and smiling shyly. As far as I'm concerned, her reaction to his performance was pretty damn freaky. I mean, she was behaving worse than Paula Abdul on a bad day. Ellen and Simon's comments were spot on - STOP BEHAVING like a SILLY HIGH SCHOOL girl you 40-year-old woman! See your husband in the crowd? I hope he spanks you for your childish and pervertic behaviour!

*takes a deep breath*

So, four contestants were eliminated tonight, two girls and two boys and once again, I think America made a wrong decision. Out of the four kicked off, only two deserved to go IMHO, those two being Ashley Rodriguez and Tyler Grady. The other two, Janell Wheeler and Joe Nunez, did not give spectacular performances either but they were a lot better than a few of the remaining contestants (Haeley and Tim Urban I'm talking about you two! And also Jermaine Sellers.)

I seriously doubt the commitment of the remaining 20 contestants. None of them seems to be taking this seriously, I have this feeling that they think they're better than they actually are. And because of that, they're just sailing through the whole thing without much effort.

I don't know if I will continue blogging about this - if anything I'm just tuning in to see how bad they are and well, that's not the point of the show!

No comments: