Tuesday, November 25, 2008

Coffee Experience - Epic Fail!

Ah. It didn't work out as well as I had expected.

It's not that I have a problem with the duties - my problem is with the timing of the shifts. Guess what the night shift is up til 1am officially, and 2am unofficially. Or more. Naturally, my mum will never allow that! It's crazy, honestly.

In fact, she rescued me tonight and I escaped at 11pm.
Felt horribly guilty too, and well duh, the 'whatever-smug-arrogant' look on the manager's face when he was talking to my mum (and me, and I apologized!) didn't help much either. When I was leaving, I felt really uncomfortable cos everyone else had to stay back...and now they have to do what I was suppose to do too.

How now guys?

I think I'll have to reject this...job/experience. Not because I can't stand it or anything, but because it's really unfair to everyone else around me. Very obviously they need more help at night, so what's the point of hiring someone who can't work the late shift?

And they work on rotation too, I believe. One week day shift, another week the 2nd one. I can't exactly insist on having the day shift all the time. What if two or more people insist on that as well? Who's gonna work the late shift then? Unfair to all, the management and the rest of the staff. Some people probably won't care about that as long as they get their way, but I do. I don't wanna piss people off for being uberly choosy and prissy.

I just can't bring myself to do that, I just can't. If you agree on me quitting the job, say aye!

No comments: