Wednesday, April 14, 2010

Elvis Rocks the American Idol Stage

Currently Listening To: Glee Cast - Hello Goodbye


One of the best weeks this season, definitely.
I mean, how can it not be great with Adam Lambert as the mentor? =P
Fangirl-ing aside, Adam really did give good advice to all the contestants.
Also, the Glee cast was in the audience! Now how awesome is that?
Adam + Glee = Awesomeness!
Since Big Mike was saved last week, it's the Top 9 again so here we go:

The worse this week is Andrew Garcia without a doubt. I don't even know what to say about his performance. The Tim haters are so wrong, Andrew's the Sanjaya of this season. Seriously if he doesn't go home this week, the ones who will be leaving should give him a sucker punch before they leave the stage. Why? Because he stole their spot in the Top 7, that's why.

Aaron Kelly is definitely losing steam. Vocally he was okay but honestly, there's just no oomph in him. Adam was right, Aaron really needs to spice up his song choices and his performances. It's all boring, bland ballads and well, that's just not good enough for the competition.

Casey James. Well, after last week I was expecting more so when Casey gave another mediocre but solid performance...I just kinda went 'That's it? C'mon Casey.' I'm sorry but at this stage, being consistent is just not good enough. Try to be more like Adam!

Katie Stevens, hmmm I actually enjoyed her tonight and y'all know how much I dislike her so, yeah good job Katie. She has definitely improved a lot since the Top 24, but she's rather...dull. Still, she's better than some of the other guys tonight so don't go home yet.

Siobhan Magnus, poor thing. I thought she sounded great but Kara and Simon threw her under the bus like roadkill. What the hell? Matt/Anoop/Kris received the same treatment last year too, so I really hate them for that. I'm not a big fan of Siobhan but damn I'm so supporting after that whole charade. Siobhan, you deserve better than that.

Big Mike. Hopefully he's safe this week cos he doest't deserve to go, not this week nor last week. Solid performance, solid vocals, typical Mike song choice and that SHOULD be good enough...

Tim Urban. Oh wow. A few weeks ago I would have never ranked him this high but he was really good tonight! Talk about proving his critics wrong. And at least the judges gave him credit when it's due (unlike Siobhan!)

Lee Dewyze. Okay so he's still pretty stiff on stage, and Adam was spot-on with his criticism but at least vocally he was pretty good. My second favourite performance of the night.

Crystal Bowersox. It's Crystal Bowersox. End of story. Good job as usual. Loved the bluesy feel of the song.

And that's it for today, I wonder what will they be singing next week? I hope the Glee Cast performs tomorrow too! Would love to hear Lea Michele put all the freaking contestants to shame.

P.S: What was wrong with Ryan tonight? He was behaving like a drunk 5 year old! At the end of the show he was like fangirling over Adam. 'What are you gonna sing tmr Adam? Pls pls pls sing Whataya Want From Me OMGGGGG! Sing it for me Adam, sing it sing it sing it omg!'

2 comments:

Rachel F said...

I totally LOL-ed at what you said about Ryan fawning like a 5 y.o. over Adam! Good stuff!

Amanda said...

Lol he really was behaving erratically XD
They even asked the contestants about his weird behaviour!