Thursday, March 04, 2010

American Idol Rundown - Week Two, Part 2

Currently Listening To: Glee Cast - Lean On Me


I'll try my best to keep this simple and short, cos it took me like ages to compose last night's post which was super long and if you've noticed I have the tendency to be long-winded just like this ridiculously long sentence.

Right, with that out of the way let's move on to American Idol! (If anyone's wondering why I'm so enthusiastic about blogging about Idol...well, think of it as some form of therapy from my soon-to-be hectic college workload. That and the fact that I love analyzing them idol wannabes hahaha...)

So Crystal Bowersox returns to the American Idol stage and delivered a solid, typical Crystal performance. Yes it was good, and to me one of the best performances of the night but still nothing to shout about really. There's just no wow factor yet.

Haeley Vaughn sang Miley Cyrus' The Climb and failed in her bid to impress the judges - again. I didn't think it was THAT terrible, but definitely horrible enough for me to agree with all of the judges. Oh what the hell, even Miley's a million times better than that! Haeley needs to go before she becomes the Sanjaya of this season.

Lacey Brown. Much better than last week, but still a bit off-ish somewhere. In serious danger too. Sad actually cos I do like Lacey, and I loved the song she sang, Kiss Me by Sixpence None The Richer. Oh oh and I think she looks like a red-headed pixie! Something about her hair, eyes and make-up. She has gorgeous eyes, that Lacey.

Katie Stevens is like the female version of David Archuleta - young, but sings and talks like she's 50. Seriously, that girl has a very mature sounding voice so no matter what she sings, it sounds old and kinda forced. I won't deny that she has a good voice but she needs to lighten up a little. Anyway, she was not too bad tonight with Corinne Bailey Rae's Put Your Records On.

I was really disappointed with Didi Benami because she's one of my favourites, but she sounded quite terrible singing Lean On Me tonight. If she was some other contestant then it wouldn't so bad but it's Didi and we're expecting the best from her!

Moving on to Michelle Delamor, with the weirdest song choice of the night - a ballad version of Creed's With Arms Wide Open. Ummmm I didn't think it was that bad but it was definitely a weird rendition of that song. Not the best performance of the night, but not the worse either.

Lilly Scott. What the heck, my mum liked her version of A Change Is Gonna Come. I mean I liked it too but I can't help but think of Adam Lambert's version since I've listened to that one about like a million times already lol. Quirky and unusual, that's Lilly Scott and it worked. The judges loved her and she's still my favourite contestant so, keep up the good work Lilly!

Katelyn Epperly surprised me again tonight, by singing a slower version of Coldplay's The Scientist (and the original version's already slow enough man). Randy and Ellen thought that it was too slow but I actually loved her performance. Best vocals of the night for me, thought the judges were a bit harsh on her. Oh and she played the piano quite well too.

Paige Miles (finally I remember her name!) wasn't too bad this week either. I can see why the judges think that she has the best vocals - she kinda sounds like a mixture of Kelly Clarkson and Allison Iraheta. She sang Kelly Clarkson's Walk Away, and actually managed to change it up a bit in a way that worked well with her voice.

Siobhan Magnus got what we AI fans call the 'Pimp Spot' (meaning last to perform so that the audience will find her easier to remember) and she ended the show with an Aretha Franklin song - meaning booming big voice and super-high-impossible-to-reach glory notes...and she nailed it! The high note anyway, the rest of the song was a bit underwhelming but with Siobhan no one will give a damn. See? I told ya she's like the female Adam Lambert! If there's a high note to hit, she'll damn well hit it.

I liked - Crystal, Lilly, Katelyn and Siobhan.
Disliked - Haeley (PLEASE PLEASE just send her home AI voters), Didi (a disappointment!)

That's all for today, four more contestants will be going home tomorrow - best of luck to my favourites and hopefully Haeley WILL leave us this week.

(I said I'd keep it short and simple, but I guess it's still pretty long and complicated haha...mission failed! =P)

No comments: