Thursday, March 11, 2010

American Idol Top 16

I really don't fancy composing a super long post for this week cos I felt that it was kinda underwhelming, so I'll just summarize it in two parts - one for the girls and another for the guys.

Top 8 Girls
Best performances of the night: Crystal, Siobhan, Didi, Lacey and Lilly.
All 5 of them gave solid performances, especially Crystal and Siobhan. Lilly was a bit off last night, I'm not sure why but Lacey sang quite well, surprise surprise. Didi returned to form last night, singing Stevie Nick's Rhiannon and I loved it! So much better than Taylor's mutilation of that song at the Grammy's.
The remaining three, Katelyn, Katie and Paige, didn't do so well last night. In Paige's case, she totally ruined Smile! She's so going home tomorrow man, and hopefully Katie too.

Top 8 Guys
Best performances of the night: Lee, Alex, Big Mike, Casey and surprisingly Tim Urban.
Lee sang something really interesting - Owl City's Fireflies. I thought it was the best, maybe not the vocals but as a whole it was quite nice. Alex was okay too but was way too stiff, totally agreed with judges. Big Mike reduced Kara to tears and although the performance was pretty good, it did NOT deserve those tears. And the biggest surprise of the night...Tim Urban was actually quite good! I think he's gonna make it to the Top 12...crap.
Not so good: Andrew, Aaron, Todrick.
Poor Andrew. I feel bad for him. Week after week the judges tear him to shreds for not living up to 'Straight Up', and this week...ouch. I didn't think it was that bad, but they were really cruel to him so...not safe. Todrick ruined Somebody To Love, and Aaron was just bleh. I dunno, I may not like any of the guys but I don't know who should leave the competition at this stage...if I had a choice I'd say all of them.

Anyway, next week we're moving on to the Top 12. Hopefully things will get better? Cos right now Season 9's a snoozefest. They'll be doing the Rolling Stones next week.

No comments: