Thursday, March 12, 2009

Ameeeeeerican Idol

I think I must be the only one left watching American Idol, no?
Okay maybe not but close enough.
Cause everyone else I asked was like "Whaaat? You still watching that?"
Well, the answer is YES I AM STILL WATCHING AMERICAN IDOL =D

Don't ask me why I'm tuning in.
It is getting old, and the judges are getting even more annoying than ever.
BUT.
It's still a good source of entertainment!

So yeah, American Idol.

After weeks of mediocre performances, with a few standouts, finally we get to the Top 13.
Yes, you read it correctly.
Top 13 this time around (...ain't 13 an unlucky number though...?)

This season has been a little shaky, in my opinion.



Kara what's-her-face, the new judge?
She's annoying, and she's NOT HELPFUL.
I believe some people have been calling her a smug bitch.
And she really does seem to be a little full of herself.
Can we vote her out? Pretty please?!

They changed the selection format this year too.
No more Top 12 girls/guys nonsense this time.
It's Top 36 now, separated into three groups of 12, and three from each group goes through to the next round, Top 13. (3 x 3) + Wild card (x4) = 13 contestants.

There's this new concept about giving the eliminated contestant (from the elite 13, not the ones before that) a second chance as well. It's up to the judges to decide whether the person with the lowest votes leave or stay. And it's a one time only thing so, if you've been saved once and you're the one with the least votes again - sorry, it's really time for you to go.

Good changes? Well, we'll have to see.

.
.
.
.
.



Now let me introduce you to the lucky 13, starting with:

Adam Lambert


Right. This guy is...well, quite good actually. Kinda cute. Good voice. Fantastic range. Probably the ONLY interesting contestant this season. BUT. Yes there's a but there.

He's just too over-the-top.
Seriously. Drama queen much? The way he sings, the way he...moves? Very, VERY dramatic.

But ya know what? I kinda like him BECAUSE of his dramatic-ness.

I think he's everyone's favourite for now.
(He's not gonna win. I just know it.)

Alexis Grace


She's pretty. Looks a lot better in person.
I believe she's my age? And yet she has a kid! And she's married (I think)! Geez.
She rocks, really.
Awesome singer.
Needs more...whoosh factor though.
I guess, she's one of my favourites?

Allison Iraheta


Omg. Can you believe she's 16? Looks old for her age!
AI8's resident rocker chick.
She's not bad, but I don't like her.
Too much screaming. Sing girl, not scream!

Anoop Desai


Aww, he reminds me of a little puppy or something. David Archuleta-ish.
I like him. He's cute! So sweet.
(OMGWTF I'M TURNING INTO PAULA O__O)
Sings quite well too. Need better song choices though.
...don't pull another Sanjaya, please?

Danny Gokey


Ah, now this guy I really like!
He's cute enough, and his voice is like, totally awesome!
(Another step towards Paula-land T_T)
He will go far, I think.
Has that Elliot thing going on.
Danny = American Idol for the year 2009? I think it's possible!

Jazmine Murray


Wildcard choice.
Poor thing was voted off today.
Even the new Judges' Save thing couldn't save her.
Shouldn't have made it through, actually.
Why her for wildcard? Kirsten McNamara was so much better!
Lousy producers.

Jorge (pronounced 'Hor-hei', as far as I could tell) Nunez


Was voted off too, thank God.
Never understood his appeal.
And Paula loves this dude, for some really odd reason!
Okay voice, lousy stage presence.
Deserved to go.

Kris Allen


This guy just appeared out of nowhere, seriously.
Was never shown during the preliminary rounds...and suddenly WHAM he's in the Top 13.
Crazy much?
As Trix labels him, 'Pretty Boy'.
Yeah. That about sums him up. Pretty boy.
Very average.

And then we have Lil Rounds


What a funky name! Lil Rounds.
Anyway.
She's good in a Fantasia Barrino kinda way.
Great vocals and all.
But damn her ass is huge I tell ye, HUGE.
I'm just so-so about her.
She don't impress me much! =P

Matt Giraud


I will forever remember him as the dude who wrecked 'Viva La Vida'.
Seriously!
His rendition of that song just kills me. And about 90% of the audience too.
The sad thing is he's not bad at all.
Doubt he'll last for long.
And what's with the Justin Timberlake comparison?
He's nothing like JT at all!

Megan Corkrey


Oh my.
This chick is weird.
Talk about odd song choice this week.
She's not bad though, in the singing department.
Pretty enough.
Has that country thing going on I believe.
Will she hang on for long?
I seriously, SERIOUSLY doubt it. Sorry hun.

Michael Sarver


Do you know who he reminds me of?
Lynette's (from Desperate Housewives) husband.
Seriously! Can't you see the resemblance??
Michael's just a little heftier, that's all.
Used to be a fan of him until the Top 36.
Ever since then, he sorta went downhill.
Redeemed himself a bit this week, but I swear he won't be around for long either.

Scott McIntyre


He's um, visually impaired.
A lot of people think he's in because of sympathy votes.
I don't do sympathy voting, and you know what, I'd vote for him if I were in America!
He's good, actually.
Nice tone, nice guy, nice style I guess?
Oh what the heck. I like his voice and I like his style.
He seems to be a really nice guy!
(...I really sound like Paula now, don't I???? Don't lie!
Dude needs a haircut BADLY though.

~.~

So that's the American Idol Roster for 2009.
This week was Michael Jackson week, and in the grand scheme of things I guess the whole night was actually pretty good. Although not fantastic, the performances were quite solid. Even the eliminated ones weren't that bad. Just a little below average. No one stood out either, with the exception of Adam but that's only cos he's fab! *wink*

Who's Out This Week? Jazmine Murray and Jorge Nunez.

I'll be posting updates on this from now on, soooooooo stay tuned for more Idol coverage!

Brought to you by,
Glitter Text - http://www.sparklee.com

texas lawyer ratings

No comments: