Friday, March 06, 2009

Watchmen

So.

Watched Watchmen today.

What can I say, the movie was pretty cool =D

Then again, I love superhero-ish movies so I might be biased. Well, everything except for Superman. Now that I can't stand.

Anyway, I've never read the comics before, but after watching the movie, I'm quite inspired to get the graphic novels! (Now how much does it cost I wonder...)

I saw some complains about the special effects used while surfing the net for reviews of the movie, but I'll have to disagree with the complainers. IMHO, the effects used were quite good; awesome explosion scene! *cough*directorofHeroespleasecheckthisout*cough*

And Dr. Manhattan looks really interesting. Seriously. Youtube it or something. Or better still, go watch the movie!




Have a look at the trailers if you have no idea of what I'm talking about.

Definitely my favourite movie of 2009 so far.

The plot is interesting and unusual, the characters are awesome and the actors portraying them did a really good job too.

It might be a little gory for um, most people (those I watched the movie with were literally squirming in their seats, no offense guys =P)

Flawed (codeword for deranged and delusional and completely psychotic...) superheroes are a lot more interesting than traditional ones.

A lot of hacking, and throwing, and smashing, and punching, and all that blood...

Not to mention the nudity and the sex. (WTF they didn't even sensor Dr. Manhattan's genitals!)

Final words for the movie - IT ROCKS AND YOU ALL SHOULD GO WATCH IT LIKE RIGHT NOW! =P

(Oh and take note, this movie is 2 hours and 45 minutes long.)

PS: Ozymandias looks so gay! But his voice is so sexy lol.

No comments: