Wednesday, March 18, 2009

Country Music Stinks, No Offense

Music: Keane - My Shadow


So it's my weekly American Idol review thingy.

What do we have this week? *pokes title*

Yep, that's right. Country music. And following tradition (AI tradition I mean), country music week pretty much stinks.

Strangely enough, it only sucked for the favoured contestants this time around.

But before I go into detail, here's a little video that everyone should listen to.



Adam Lambert's performance this week. It WILL blow your mind away, or maybe perhaps give you a heart attack if you've actually heard the original song before.

With that out of the way, let's move on.


American Idol 8 (2009) Top 11

11.
Michael Sarver (Ain’t Goin Down Till The Sun Comes Up, Garth Brooks) - What the heck was he singing about? Couldn't understand a single word. Didn't like the song, nor the arrangement. Definitely the weekest performance this week.

10.
Lil Rounds (Independence Day, Martina McBride) - Oh boy. How the mighty have fallen. Wrong song choice, lacklustre performance, just bleh. Not the worse vocals, but eh. And her butt's still huge!

9.
Alexis Grace (Jolene, Dolly Parton) - Compared to Brooke White's performance last year...I don't know what to say. She was just awful, from beginning to the end. What happened to Alexis? Oh Alexis. Despite her very obvious popularity, she might end up going home this week. I say again, how the mighty have fallen.

8.
Scott McIntyre (Wild Angels, Martina McBride)- I love this guy, but I don't know. He's getting really boring. Honestly, I can't tell the difference between last week's performance and this week's. Paula was right. He needs to...spice things up a little. Ditch the piano. Do something more fun. You can still sing passionately without the piano ya know dude?

7.
Adam Lambert (Ring of Fire, Johnny Cash) - Oh Adam. You are...strange. His performance was definitely one of a kind. Anyone listened to that video yet? Absolutely fantastic vocals but that arrangement...it is an interesting arrangement. In fact, even my DAD thought it was quite okay. BUT. Talk about taking things too far! Poor Johnny Cash must be rolling in his grave!

6.
Allison Iraheta (Blame It On Your Heart, Patty Loveless) - I still don't like her, but she was really good. Great vocals, the song choice was just so-so. And she looked great on stage. Very comfortable, and confident.

5.
Megan Corkrey (Walking After Midnight, Patsy Cline - She sang well enough, considering the fact that she had a flu. And was coughing away on stage. Great song choice, really suited her. I really like her voice, but I think she needs a bit more...encouragement. For now, she still sounds kinda bland.

4.
Kris Allen (To Make You Feel My Love, Garth Brooks) - Wow. I can't believe I'm ranking him this high! I mean, I don't really like this dude. He's boring, and his voice is just mediocre but he nailed it this week. Like totally, seriously nailed it. He was good, end of story.

3.
Danny Gokey (Jesus Take The Wheel, Carrie Underwood, American Idol S 5) - Poor Danny had a rocky start, in my opinion. But he worked it out in the end, and it paid off. Earned him very positive comments from all judges. And yes, he is MY favourite to win this season so if he's number 3...

Guess who's number 1 & 2...

.
.
.
.
.


2.
Matt Giraud (So Small, Carrie Underwood) - I'm not a fan of Matt at all but he did what Scott should have done; rocked out the piano.

1.
Anoop Desai (You Were Always On My Mind, Willie Nelson) - Woohoo, go Anoop! I'm so proud of him! *sniff* After last week's disastrous 'Beat It', he just blew my mind away this week. Seriously awesome. From number 10 (my un-published list for last week) to Numero Uno this week. He sang with passion, and his voice was just amazing. To quote the ever amusing Simon Cowell, "You have just managed to go from ZERO to HERO."



Here's a word of advice for the contestants (it's not like they'll ever read my blog but hey, it is my blog and I SHOULD blog about my own thoughts so...): Don't interrupt and get all defensive when the judges give you criticism, geez! It's disrespectful, and annoying.

No comments: