Tuesday, December 23, 2008

KL Update 1

Right, I'm too lazy to upload pictures for now, so just bear with this pictureless post first =P

Anyway;

Day One
Arrived in KL on Friday afternoon, was suppose to stay at my uncle's house that night but unfortunately he was busy with some Christmas thingy. So, we ended up in this hotel at Jalan Dang Wangi (is that right?) instead. Not much there, just Sogo and some weird mall called Maju Junction.

Spent Friday night at Sogo and had dinner at The Ship (which is available in Penang btw).

Day Two
Moved to Royale Bintang KL from the Dang Wangi area, took a taxi there. Thank God. Was nearly dying of boredom. We had the whole day to ourselves (busy uncles. Yes, uncleS) so we decided to to go KLCC. Mum was reluctant at first, fearing jams and lack of time. Luckily she changed her mind, I was dying to go to THE Kinokuniya XD

Met up with Trix and her aunt there, and had lunch together. After that it was off to Kinokuniya *inserts skipping onion emoticon* Damn that bookstore's huge @_@ it was my first time there so...yeah. Found this book I've been searching for years, but I didn't get it cos it was quite pricey. We also found those Archie's holiday pack thingies. RM9.90 for one double digest (Usual price: RM11.90) and one single (RM7.90). Really worth it right? We just HAD to have it (haven't been avalaible in Penang for YEARS).

Met up with Nigel (from MT =P) in Kinokuniya too. Stood at the Japanese section for a while, but I didn't buy anything cos:

1. I had no idea what I wanted.
2. The PRICES!!!
3. Saw this FFXIII magazine thingy, wanted it but it costs RM199 or something like that @_@

Sooooooooooooo....I went all the way to Kinokuniya and only bought Remember Me? (30% discount!) by Sophie Kinsella. Mum was pretty ticked off cos she had expected me to buy a bunch of stuff lol.

Left KLCC around 5 something, had dinner at this stupid restaurant at Jalan Alor; a bowl of soup, a plate of vegetables and an astonishing RM35 for a plate of mediocre roast chicken, duck and pork. Total: RM90 X_X Sigh. RM2.50 for a bowl of rice too. Needless to say, my dad was absolutely pissed off. I guess we'll never go back to that place. EVER. Lol. Wandered around Bukit Bintang for the rest of the night.

No comments: