Wednesday, December 03, 2008

Twilight

Music: Paramore - Decode


Okay guys, I'm done with Twilight by Stephenie Meyer.



To those who have no idea what I'm talking about...where have you been for the past year or so? Sleeping in a coffin? *cough* =P

Anyway, Twilight's all the rage now; it's a romance novel with a twist. Basically, the whole story is about a somewhat awkward girl who finds love in a small, gloomy town. But there's a twist there somewhere...read the book to find out, or if you hate reading, just watch the movie.

Even after reading the book, I still don't get the hype about it. I mean, it's an okay book, miles better than let's say, Shadowmancer or Eragon, but it's nowhere near phenomenal. The best thing about the book is Edward Cullen, no doubt. The adjectives used to describe him is just...wow. It'll make every female who reads the book swoon and hyperventilate, including me *blushes*

(No way I approve of Robert Pattinson as Edward in the movie! He's just not pretty/handsome/manly enough...)

Although I did enjoy the book, I still have about a million and one complaints about it.

Number 1: The heroine, Bella Swan. Good grief, she's just so...I don't know, silly somehow. I don't really dislike her or anything, but I'm definitely not a fan. Come on Edward, you can do so much better lol.

Number 2: The pace of the book. Spent way too much time describing Bella's daily life. I get it, she sucks at sports. It's completely unnecessary to guide me through her lack of aptitude for volleyball, badminton, baseball, and God knows what else!

Number 3: Bella's attitude towards her peers. If I were to behave like her in real life...I guess sooner or later someone will slap me lol. As opposed to everyone asking me out to a dance or something *rolls eyes* Unbelievable.

Number 4: The 'action' happens only in the last 50 pages or so. The rest of it is used to describe Bella's mundane life O.o Sigh. Still, it's not as bad as Eragon's journey through somewhere I can't remember...lasted for 3/4 of that book I think @_@

There's more, but I'm too lazy to construct proper sentences for my thoughts...

Now working on New Moon, the second book in the series. So far so...dull. You're right Mandy, it's a bit boring and I'm only in the second chapter!

I wiki-ed the last two books, Eclipse and Breaking Dawn for a brief summary because I have absolutely no intention to read them. I must say, the ending for the whole thing is just...lame. Could have been so much better, you know? For Breaking Dawn, the book is divided into three parts, which reminds me a little of the way the 'Night Watch' series by Sergei Lukyanenko is presented. Three intertwining stories in one book...the plot somehow reminds me of the plot for 'The Twilight Watch' too...hmmmmm.

If you have not read those two books, feel free to wiki it too.

Also, Stephenie Meyer was working on another book for the series, Midnight Sun, which is basically the retelling of Twilight in Edward's point of view instead, but something happened so she had to put it on hold. If you were to ask my opinion...just leave it alone Miss Meyer O.O Twilight's a pretty good novel by itself, so...

No comments: