Tuesday, December 30, 2008

So Long, Farewell 2008

Music: Duffy - Serious


I have never been good at handling year-ends. Everything just seems so...final. I mean, it feels like just yesterday I was composing the end-of-the-year speech (uh...blog post) for 2007. Time really does fly, at the speed of sound too, it seems.

So what happened in 2008?

  • I finally travelled out of Malaysia this year! It's not exactly Europe or the US of A, but it is somewhere further than 1000km (I assume? I'm not really good with geography lol). Hong Kong; that's the far-off place I visited back in April (my God, it's been 8 months since I went there!). And thanks to that, I've gone to at least ONE Disneyland in this lifetime.
  • Ah yes, college (or Uni? Uh, I'm not very sure haha =P). Well, life at INTI turned out better than I had expected. I have to admit, initially I was really skeptical about the whole thing (where and what I'll be studying), but in the end it was all right.
  • Since we're on the subject of education, I swear to myself I'll try my absolute best at everything I do for my second year. The usual goals of excelling in studies, paying more attention in classes, and so forth. Need to be more proactive and serious, and all that. No more slacking! (Hah, as if that'll ever happen lol).
  • Remember when I blogged about wanting to continue piano lessons and stuff, way back in early 2008? Well, I haven't exactly kickstarted a fabulous music career or anything, but at least I've touched the piano...a little anyway. It's better than nothing right? One small step could lead to something really big in the near future! *wishful thinking*
    ...

    Oh who am I kidding.
  • 2008 was a good year for music. Most of my favourite (or non-favourite) bands/singers released new albums, and even American Idol was quite promising (my dear David Cook, I hope you're single and available!). Enjoyed most of songs that were playing on and off the radio. Strangely enough, the only thing I couldn't stand was Coldplay's Viva La Vida and Death and All His Friends (the best-selling album of 2008 I believe, and probably also the most anticipated) Even the name of the album's a mouthful. I don't know why, but it was just really dry, couldn't listen to the album without skipping at least 3/4 of it.
  • TV & Anime stuff: it's been quite a good year for the small screen as well, with the exception of Heroes. Let's face it, the 3rd season kinda sucks. Not that the 2nd season was any better. I gave up watching a few weeks ago. I'm still downloading the remaining episodes, but I'm not sure if I'll actually finish it off...
    Most of the anime released in 2008 was interesting; Gundam 00, Code Geass R2, Tales of the Abyss, Jigoku Shoujo (I am OBSESSED with this show, and I don't even know why), etc. TVB serials too. Moonlight Resonance was an absolute joy to watch. Heartwarming, funny, annoying, frustrating...all rolled into one. Which reminds me,
    somebody please lend me Gem of Life? =P
  • I hate to say this, but I think I spent too much on books this year. I've bought more than ten books, just in December alone. And guess what, books aren't cheap at all. I must have spent at least RM600 on books throughout the whole year! One crazy bibliophile I am, indeed *pokes wishlist*
    Clicketh for a picture of the books I bought in 2008 XP
  • I would say something intelligent about the local/world politics and economy, but what the hell. It's just way too much, and way too ridiculous. To sum it all up, 2008 was a year of changes, both positive and negative. Hopefully, those changes will be good for the poor, ailing world and not otherwise.

More resolutions for 2009?

  1. Uh......spend less on books lol.
  2. Right. Get a job, and save up for the NDS! PSP! PS3! Wii! *more wishful thinking*
  3. Lalalala...*mind goes blank*

Bah, I'm not ambitious enough =P Forget resolutions. I'll just take whatever life throws at me and deal with it as it comes. Hopefully.

Here's a toast to Two Thousand and Eight: cheers to the happy moments, and drown your sorrows for the unhappy ones!

Now move over '08 *kicks*
'09's coming.

-x-


P.S: I was reading last year's new year post and one of my resolutions was to:

- spend more money on books!! (bibliophiling away lol)

Bahahahaha! I succeeded in achieving one of the resolutions at least (not a very good one but what the hell I don't care XD)

No comments: