Thursday, May 21, 2009

It's A Mad World

Currently Listening To: Adam Lambert - Cryin' (sorry Aerosmith)


Adam.

Adam, Adam, Adam.

Lambert that is, not any other Adams.

Well there is one other Adam that I should mention...
RIP to Adam Cook, David Cook's brother.
I'm really truly sorry for your loss Cookie =(

But this post is all about Adam Lambert, the runner-up of American Idol Season 8.

Yes, I am that obsessed with Adam Lambert!

I really don't mind Kris winning, but to me Adam Lambert is the rightful winner.

...

All right I'm lying, this post is actually about the results show lol.
A very good finale, minus some awkward performances. And the somewhat awkward coronation.

So I woke up at 7.45am this morning.

Turned on the TV at exactly 8am.

And watched the results finale for the full 2 hours.

Now I can't remember all the performances, so I'll just talk about those that I do remember.

First up was David Cook and he sang a song from his album, 'Permanent', dedicated to his brother Adam, who passed away a few weeks ago due to brain cancer. That was a really emotional moment for Cookie...I could see that he was trying really hard not to cry and well, he made me wanna cry too actually.

*sniff*

Moving on...
Lil Rounds performed with Queen Latifah...and um, they were both terrible. Nothing else to say about that.

The Allison Iraheta and Cyndi Lauper duet was a snoozefest...

Kris Allen sang with Keith Urban, decent performance but mostly boring.

Megan Joy and Michael Sarver sang Steve Martin's (yes, that white haired actor from Cheaper By The Dozen) new song or something. It was really weird O.o

Danny Gokey sang Lionel Ritchie's Hello, and I couldn't help but compare it to Cook's version of that song...David Cook >>>>> Danny Gokey duh.

I can't remember any other performances, seriously.

Kara outsang bikini girl, if that counts!!

And then we have the best performances of the night/morning...

Adam Lambert + KISS and Adam Lambert + Kris Allen + QUEEN

Naturally Adam Lambert stole the show, no offense to Kiss nor Queen. Or Kris.
Adam was just freaking amazing, and noone can ever deny that!

I guess that's the reason why the whole atmosphere was kinda muted when Kris was announced as the winner.

Cos Adam Lambert stole the show, and then for him to end up in second place?
It just didn't seem right, even to Kris.
Poor Kris was like, "Oh Adam deserves it more..." and for a moment there I thought he was gonna give up the title!

But anyway, I think Kris should be grateful and happy about his win cos I know Adam will be happy for him =)

An average season overall, but the most fascinating Top 2 ever.
With the most fascinating contestant in eight seasons - Adam Lambert.

EDIT: I just listened to the studio versions of No Boundaries, by both Kris and Adam. Sounds a lot better recorded than live.
You know I really thought that I would prefer Kris' version but I actually like Adam's better O.o
Don't get me wrong, it's still a pretty crappy song.
Can't say I'll ever buy Kris Allen's albums...

2 comments:

Amanda Vi Britannia said...

Kris won? O.o Okay, that was a bit unexpected. Even Mr Mark who doesn't like American Idol, or "does not follow the show religiously", as he puts it, was betting on Adam.

Haha. Too bad for Adam >____<

Amanda said...

Yeah he won =(
Well actually I did expect that, but I'm still quite sad that Adam lost T___T Thank you Mr Mark!