Friday, May 29, 2009

Love, Save the Empty

Currently Listening To: Erin McCarley - Sleepwalking


Taking a break from Adam Lambert's usual screeches, I decided to randomly download songs from TV series (90210, Grey's Anatomy and stuff) and I kinda sorta discovered Erin McCarley (well actually I discovered her a few months ago, it's just that I'm blogging about her NOW).



More of those indie singer-songwriter stuff usually featured in TV shows. I'm normally just so-so about this type of music, but Erin McCarley is one the better ones (just my humble opinion, I like Sara Bareilles too, the rest not so much).




1. Pony (It's OK)
2. Blue Suitcase
3. Sticky-Sweet
4. Lovesick Mistake
5. Love, Save the Empty
6. It's Not That Easy
7. Hello/Goodbye
8. Pitter-Pat
9. Sleep Walking
10. Bobble Head
11. Gotta Figure This Out

Personal Favourites: Pony (It's Ok), Lovesick Mistake, Pitter-Pat, Sleepwalking, Gotta Figure This Out.
Verdict: Loooooove this album! 9/10 ♥♥♥



Take a listen if you're into this kind of stuff. Very relaxing music, hopefully Kris Allen follows in her footsteps. No more No Boundaries! Oh and do check out Meiko and Lenka as well, if you like Erin's music. I think Lenka's getting some promotion now, thanks to The Show (I don't like this song though, and btw Lenka's teeth is so distracting...) Erin has better songs and a less annoying voice, and Meiko is a bit similar to Erin...but Meiko has been around longer.



Meiko's Boys With Girlfriends



Unbelievable...just a few months ago she was still unknown! But then again, the same applies to Adam Lambert and Kris Allen...

Anyway, enjoy.

2 comments:

Amanda Vi Britannia said...

Oh hey I know the song The Show by Lenka. My dad loves the song whenever he hears it on Mix FM O.o he calls it the classic 'bubble gum song' or whatever... eh, not into English songs so I don't know much ^_^'

Oh and good luck in your finals!! =D

Amanda said...

LOL bubble gum?
They play it on Mix and Lite FM a lot...and her teeth distracts me! XD
And thanks sis ^^
Shoot now I'm addicted to Mafia Wars and Vampire Wars too...