Wednesday, May 13, 2009

Nearing the End...

Currently Listening To: Ayumi Hamasaki - Secret



Another American Idol update.
So we're down to the final three...
If I'm not wrong this is the first all male showdown in American Idol history.

Let's have a look at the Top 3 contestants again (Yes, I'm doing this cos I'm bored lol).

Adam Lambert



To be perfectly honest with you, I wasn't that impressed with Adam at the beginning of the whole competition. Like seriously. Thought he was overhyped. But you know what, Adam (unlike another contestant) actually lived up to that hype! Now I'm a huge, raving fan of dear Adam Lambert and I really hope he makes the Top 2 (amidst growing fears of an undeserving/shocking elimination and Kris Allen's amazing rendition of Kanye West's Heartless).

So how well did Adam performed on this crucial night?
Well...I don't know. I thought it was okay, but not great.
David Cook was a lot more impressive when he was at this stage.
And you know what this year they only get to sing two songs, one chosen by the judges and the other one by themselves (another stupid 'improvement' from the American Idol idiots).

Kris Allen



Initially, I wrote him off as a pretty boy with a mediocre voice.
Well, that remains the same I guess - he's still a pretty boy with a mediocre voice but boy is he a genius in re-arranging songs or what? I suppose the term 'Dark Horse' really describes him (Allison, too) and I really won't mind if he wins Idol, even though Adam deserves it a lot more.

I do like Kris a lot, but throughout the competition he was rather inconsistent. Unlike Adam, who pretty much rocked every single week (or maybe I'm just biased =P).
I loved his renditions of Ain't No Sunshine and She Works Hard For The Money, but other than that? Not that impressive.

Lastly, we have...

Danny Gokey



I can't believe I used to like this guy! I'm a little disgusted...no offense to Danny, but he's just not good enough to be in the Top 3. This feels like Season 5 all over again. He IS the Taylor Hicks of this season, and that's not a good sign.
Allison = Chris Daughtry, Kris = Elliot Yamin, Adam = Katharine McPhee?? I HOPE NOT!

Danny's performances were always mediocre, and for the past two weeks he just sucks ass. Why is he in the Top 3?? I really don't get his appeal anymore. In fact, I think he's even less appealing than Taylor, performance-wise! At least Taylor sounded great in the last few weeks of Season 5. Danny? Just urgh. It really is time to put the GO in GOkey. As in go home Gokey!

A quick recap of this week's performances:

Round 1 - Judges Choice
Adam (U2's One, chosen by Simon Cowell)
Kris (Apologize, Kara and Randy's choice)
Danny (I have no idea what he sang, but Paula chose it)

Round 1 to Adam Lambert. Loved the song, loved the way he sang it. Good job Cowell! Great choice.
Poor Kris got thrown under the bus again. First they picked that song for him, and then they criticized him to no end. What the hell?
And Danny...well, like I said before - he sucks ass, end of story.

Round 2 - Their Own Personal Selection
Adam (Aerosmith's Cryin)
Kris (Kanye West's Heartless)
Danny (I can't remember what he sang! Something by Joe Cocker lol)

Kris Allen ♥♥ wins this round, hands down! The best performance I've heard in weeks, I think. His acoustic version of Heartless kicks ass! And thanks to that, the judges couldn't give him a single criticism at all. HAH. In your face, stupid judges.
I didn't like Cryin that much, and that overly ambitious background singer who tried to outsing Adam (O_______O) didn't help either. I can only say this...David Cook >>>>> Adam Lambert =(

To end this extremely long blog post - Danny Gokey's the cat with nine lives, not Matt Giraud. He survived every single week thanks to his consistent mediocre-ness (is there another word for mediocre? I'm so tired of typing that word again and again). And the best part of it all? The judges praise him every week, no matter how much he stinks, no matter how much he screeches, and no matter how much Adam and Kris shines.
Go figure.

No comments: