Wednesday, May 20, 2009

It's a Wonderful World

Currently Listening To: Rihanna ft The Dream - Hatin' On The Club

Wow.

What a finale.

If you ask me...I think that was one of the more insipid final performances ever from the final 2.

Heck, even Jordin Sparks vs Blake Lewis was more exciting (and trust me, I can’t remember anything from that finale)

Yes of course I’m talking about American Idol!

It’s down to Adam Lambert and Kris Allen and what can I say...I have no idea who’s gonna win.

They’re both equally good in their own way, and well. They look really comfortable with each other too. I don’t think either of them would mind if the other person wins tomorrow.

(FYI yes I’ll be watching the results finale at 8am in the morning.)

About the performances today...well let’s have a look at what they sang.

First Round – Contestant’s Choice
Adam re-sang: Mad World from Top 8 - Year They Were Born
Kris re-sang: Ain’t No Sunshine from Top 9 - Popular iTunes Downloads

I’m a fan of Adam’s, but I’ll have to say that this round goes to Kris Allen.
Both re-sang their best and most memorable performances to date, and they didn’t do anything different to the songs. Both songs sounded exactly the same as their first time, Ain't No Sunshine even more so than Mad World. BUT Kris was more solid somehow, while Adam was a bit wishy-washy. Don’t get me wrong, I love both performances of Mad World but Ain’t No Sunshine sounded better to me. So yeah, Kris Allen for Round 1.

Second Round – Simon Fuller’s Choice

Adam: A Change Is Gonna Come by Sam Cooke
Kris: What's Going On by Marvin Gaye

I have no idea if Simon Fuller was trying to screw Kris up but the song he chose for the poor guy was just terribly boring. Kris did what he could with the song but it wasn’t good. Very lacklustre. It’s a great song and yet Kris wasn’t great. Now Adam on the other hand – he rocked that song choice, no doubt about it! Wasn’t really his style either but he at least conquered the song, unlike Kris. Round 2 for Adam Lambert

Third Round – Winner’s Song

Song:No Boundaries

...
I only have one thing to say about this song...
I can’t stand it!
IMHO, both Adam and Kris did terribly, with Adam screaming his way through it and Kris being horribly off-key. I mean, Adam sounded like Danny Gokey on one of his bad days!
I can't even decide who sang it better, because the song's just too awful.

Written by the amazingly obnoxious Kara DioGuardi, the song was so terrible Cowell couldn’t even comment on it. He couldn’t, and neither can I now. In fact, I'm getting a headache just thinking about it.

I can’t remember Jordin’s song, but at least I didn’t hate it. I do remember Blake being terrible, but then again it was totally out of his league.

This song?

If Adam’s wonderful voice can’t save it and Kris’ pleasant vocals can’t do it any justice...then it’s doomed. I don’t want either one of them to release it as a single. It’s like a death sentence. I don’t know about anyone else, but I really hate No Boundaries. Thanks a lot Kara!

Question: Magic Rainbows or Mountains and Hurricanes? I say, the freaking rainbow, as whimsical as that may sound.

EDIT: Bwahahaha them fans at idolforums.com agress with me!!! Kara, you stink, period.

At times like this, I miss Katharine McPhee and Elliot Yamin...both brilliant vocalists, and yet they lost to Taylor Hicks. And also Melinda Doolittle from Jordin’s season.

Carrie Underwood was the best tonight and she won like what, four seasons ago? And I don't even like Carrie!

Final Verdict?

Either of them can take the crown.

Like I’ve said before, they’re both good in their own way and honestly speaking? I want Adam to win, really I do, but Kris winning won’t be a bad thing either. If anything, he’ll be the next Jason Mraz (and I’m still waiting for Jason Castro from season 7 to release something).

~.~

Extra stuff for other AI/Adam fans!

Click Here!

Have a look at this video. You know, if I had watched that video without any sound...I would have never guessed that chubby blonde was Adam Lambert way back in 2000. He looks totally different! The only thing similar is that incredible voice of his. Amazing what nine years can do to a person...

Moving on from American Idol...

Check out this video!


More about her.

She's from Malaysia! She got discovered on Youtube, and now she’s signed on to Jack Johnson’s record label or something.

A Malaysian! For once...I’ll have to say MALAYSIA BOLEH - minus sarcasm -!

*beams like a proud parent*

She sounds like a cross between Norah Jones and Meiko.
Whaddya guys think?

No comments: