Saturday, April 11, 2009

Fullmetal Alchemist: Brotherhood

Currently Listening To: Adam Lambert - Mad World




The most anticipated anime of 2009, according to Animax.

Seriously?! Acticipated yes, but MOST? Talk about heavy promotion lol.

Anyway, I watched the first episode earlier (on Animax), and it looks a lot more exciting than the original one. Can they keep up with the momentum though I wonder?

For those who don't know, Fullmetal Alchemist: Brotherhood is the remake of the original Fullmetal Alchemist anime. Why a remake, you wonder? Well, Brotherhood promises to follow the manga's storyline as opposed to original one, which had deviated from the manga.

The seiyuus (voice actors) for Edward and Alphonse Elric, Romi Paku and Rie Kugimiya respectively, remain the same but most of other characters are now voiced by different seiyuus. For example, Roy Mustang is now voiced by Shinichiro Miki (Lockon Stratos, Gundam 00) while Toru Ohkawa (Deathscythe from Soul Eater hahaha) had voiced him in the first FMA. Judging from episode 1, I don't think Shinichiro Miki is suitable for Roy Mustang... =(

Other notable seiyuu changes would be the swapping of Kaori Nazuka (Nunnally from Code Geass, Tsubaki from Soul Eater) with Mitsuki Saiga, for the character of Maria Ross. That is one radical change...I mean, from the deep voiced Mitsuki to well...Nunnally??? Ridiculous, I say! It should be interesting to hear though...

The seiyuus for Winry, Liza Hawkeye, Scar, Lust and Jean Havoc, are different too, but not quite so...different in terms of style. Everyone else NOT mentioned should be voiced by the same seiyuus I think. And there seems to a semi-Gundam 00 reunion for Regene, Nena Trinity, Lockon and Allelujah cos Hiroyuki Yoshino (seiyuu for Allelujah) is in FMA2 as Kimblee.

~.~


Now excuse my sudden obsession with Adam Lambert by humouring me, and watching his audition video =P



He's such a sweetheart! ♥
I've completely forgotten about his audition, until I saw that video.
And I thought, "OH so he was the one who kissed Paula and Kara's hands! Ahhhh."
(I'll have to agree with Simon in that video - dude was seriously theatrical! It's a REALLY GOOD THING THOUGH!)

Hahahaha I think I've just lost it - Adam please kiss MY hand too XD

5 comments:

Amanda Vi Britannia said...

Eh, they switched seiyuus? This is gonna be really weird O.o But at least Paku Romi's still voicing Edward!! It'd be so wrong if someone else voices him.

You did a nice seiyuu research :P

God I wish my download can move faster =( I WANNA WATCH!

Amanda said...

Yeah they did! I guess only 1/3 of the seiyuus are the same? Now if only Mamo and Hiroshi were to join the cast...we have quite an interesting Gundam 00 reunion XD

Yukana vi Britannia said...

But seriously Nunully??? As Ross??

THAT is gonna be SOOOO weird.

HAHA I don't really mind about the others besides the MAIN characters' seiyuus.

If Minagawa Junko takes over Paku Romi, then it won't be much difference. (Minagawa's voice is sharper thou)

GAH! I'm still waiting for it to download. URGHHH!

Amanda said...

Yeah at Nunally = Ross. Very strange! Would love to hear how she sounds like as Ross XD

Hmmmm Junko Minagawa huh...not bad! But I still prefer Paku Romi =P

Anonymous said...

@Amanda:-

Apparently they were!

I mean currently 7 @ 9 CASTS from gundam 00 are joined as well like Miyano mamoru (Setsuna F seiei) as Ling yao, Yuuichi Nakamura (Graham Acre) as Greed & other 00 almumnis (Like sergei smirninov's VA as Hohenheim)