Wednesday, April 22, 2009

A Memorable Disco Night...

Currently Listening To: Kalafina - Serenato


Woohoo, first time I'm blogging from my -shiny- new laptop.
Anyway, moving on to more American Idol Updates.
It's the Top 7 again, this time singing for Disco Week.
I couldn't really imagine any of the contestants singing disco tunes and...I was right. Disco Night was hardly disco - more like a medley of all genres in disguise.

7. Lil Rounds
It's tiring to rank her at the bottom of the pack every single week, and I hope this week will be the last. Seriously, she just needs to go. Thank god the save is over and done with! Disco Night is suppose to be "her" night, but as usual she fails. To give her some credit, I think she did better tonight compared to last week (then again she was hardly singing. More like just moving along with the music). Goodbye Lil. And remember to always keep your mouth shut *cough*

6. Anoop Desai
Good job Anoop. Fantastic timing. Way to mess things up for yourself. For some silly reason Randy, Kara and Paula decided to choose this week to praise him. Simon was probably the only honest judge this week. It wasn't good. His vocals was sloppy, the song choice was strange, the facial hair was disturbing and his clothes - I'm speechless. It's like preppy meets disastrous prom night. He's in a really dangerous position this week.

5. Matt Giraud
The judges save him, and he decides to sing 'Staying Alive'. I didn't think it was that bad, but once again strange song choice. His range is just not suitable for this song. I mean come on, Matt and Bee Gees? Just wrong. I think he's going home...again.

4. Danny Gokey
Why is Danny always mediocre?! I don't get it. He actually has quite a good voice but he never steps out of his comfort zone. He never tries anything different - it's good to stick to what you do best, but in a competition like American Idol one really needs to try something different SOMETIMES.

3. Allison Iraheta
Allison turned 'Hot Stuff' into a rock song. Pretty interesting arrangement, I don't think that's her best performance but the judges were all loving it. Still on the 'let's pimp Allison now no matter what' track. A good thing I guess...

2. Kris Allen
Definitely one of his best performances. I really liked the jazzy arrangement for 'She Works Hard For The Money', and you know what - my mum liked it too. And she thought he looked great tonight! (She is not a Kris fan so coming from her...that's amazing.) If he keeps this up, he has a really good chance at winning AI8. Good for Kris I guess, cos no matter how fantastic Adam is...I have a funny feeling he's not going to win. So if Kris wins instead, I wouldn't mind at all.

1. Adam Lambert
Hands down, the best performance of the night. In my opinion, flawless vocals. Paula actually cried after his performance! I expected him to do something really wild and crazy for disco night, but that was not the case.



A ballad! Lol.



The strangest disco night ever. I think Lil and Danny were the only ones who tried to sing their song choices in a disco-ish way. Everyone else was...not disco-ing. Allison did rock, Adam...ballad-ified 'If I Can't Have You', Kris did his usual Kris thing, Matt was almost rapping and Anoop did something strange. I don't know what to say about that one. A bit Neyo-ish I suppose? Oh and he did get the pimp spot, so no more complaints from Anoop fans!

2 comments:

Amanda Vi Britannia said...

Adam's video got deleted again :(

Oh oh and back when I was in Ipoh, I watched a lil of AI and OMG, Zac Efron was there :O

Amanda said...

So fast? :(
Gee the AI producers are getting a little ridiculous.
Shall try to find another video lol.
Oh yeah, Zac Efron! The idols went to the premier of his new movie, 17 Again.