Wednesday, April 01, 2009

From Heroes to Zeroes

It's time for another weekly dose of Amanda's American Idol updates!

The theme this week is a bit too broad, so the contestants' song choices are quite strange this time. Top 40 download in iTunes, or something.

SO how did they do with such a wide range of songs to choose from?

Let's just say...not very good.

Those who did well or not too bad last week, stinks this time around. And vice versa. With the exception of Adam Lambert, who always rocks! =P

And we'll start with with:

9.Megan Joy.
Oh. My. God. Girl, you need to get a grip. That was one lousy performance!
NOT SAFE. The song she chose, I've never heard it before. But I can still tell that it was horrible, horrible, HORRIBLE.

8.Anoop Dawg.
Oh shit. I love Anoop. As a singer I mean. Great vocals. Unfortunately, he flopped this week. Badly. Terrible song choice. I mean, Usher's Caught Up? There are so many other songs at your disposal! What were you thinking Anoop? Dude's just not suitable for uptempo numbers, I dunno why.

7.Allison Iraheta.
I'm not sure why some people actually like this performance - I thought it was really weak. I love the song, Don't Speak by No Doubt, and I felt that Allison kinda overdid things. She wasn't screaming, like what Simon said, but definitely it lacked something. Please, PLEASE don't try too hard next week. One more thing to add. The outfit? HAS TO GO. Just horribly unflattering.

6.Matt Giraud.
Sigh. First Coldplay, now The Fray. Matt just can't sing pop-rock songs, seriously. Just like Anoop with upbeat songs, he just can't sing this genre and I cant understand why not! Next time (if there's even a next time), please choose something non-pop-rock-ish. NOT SAFE.

5.Lil Rounds.
Mediocre as always. There's something about Lil that's just...mediocre. She's never fantastic, but she's never lousy either. Kinda reminds me of Lakisha from Season 6. She ain't getting anywhere, she's just gonna be in the middle forever. Well at least until it's time for her to go =P

4.Scott.
Okay. So he is still singing the same kind of songs. BUT. Even so. He was miles better than EVERYONE from No. 9 - 5. DUDE. I know Paula might seem to be drunk all the time, but you know what? You need to take her advice, and spice things up. Like really try something TOTALLY different ala David Cook/Adam Lambert.

3.Danny.
Danny is still Danny. Me thinks he should have sang this for last week instead. Not too bad, just the usual Danny stuff. Honestly, at this point, I don't think he's gonna win American Idol anymore. Dear Danny is just gonna fade out in a few weeks.

2.Kris.
The total opposite of Danny. Before the Top 10, I thought he would be sinking within a few weeks. He proved to me otherwise. He's rising, and he ain't gonna stop I believe. AWESOME PERFORMANCE of Ain't No Sunshine. He was fabulous with his piano, and his vocals were just amazing. Dark horse much?

No prizes for guessing who I think is NUMBER ONE this week.

Adam Lambert.
Oh yeah Adam. You are so fabulous!
Gay or not, I don't care.
What matters is his performance.
He's unpredictable, yet consistently FANTASTIC.
Go Adam, play that funky music!



Watch, and enjoy =)

On a side note, I love Kara's earrings!

EDIT: Read some more blogs about AI, STILL DON'T UNDERSTAND WHAT WAS SO GREAT ABOUT ALLISON'S PERFORMANCE TONIGHT! Wtf. America must be deaf.

(Will blog about my presentations for today, tomorrow.)

2 comments:

Amanda Vi Britannia said...

Uh oh. The video got deleted :( The contestants this season have really interesting names. Anoop O.o WTH. Haha.

Amanda said...

Oh yeah :( Guess I'll have to change the link but eh...something seems to be wrong with my line tonight O.o

Lol Anoop's an Indian name I guess XD