Wednesday, April 15, 2009

A Night of Boring Soundtracks

Currently Listening To: Kalafina - Serenato


Is it just me, or was tonight's American Idol a bit too dull? Why was everyone singing heart-wrenching ballads? WHY? Bored me to tears. Yes, even Adam was meh to me. And he wasn't singing a ballad (I wish he had though).

Top 7 theme: Idol at the Movies. Meaning, songs from movies.

On with the rankings.

7. Lil
You know what, I was gonna rank her a bit higher but after that tirade at Simon Cowell...I don't know what to say. Her singing wasn't that bad, in fact I thought it was a lot better than the person in 7th place. However, if she can't take criticism at all - please, just leave American Idol immediately. I've had enough of her, and I think the judges would agree with me. Constructive criticism from them every single week and she never once took their advice. And YET, she decides to throw a temper tantrum! What the hell man.

6. Matt
It really pains me to rank him this low, but seriously? That was awful dude! Viva La Vida all over again. This is so sad cos I actually like this guy, and this week is THE week for the contestants to try their absolute best to impress the judges and the audience. And what did Matt do? He falters. Badly. Epic fail. NOT SAFE AT ALL.

5. Danny
Typical Danny stuff again. Is this dude ever going to try something different? Doubt it. A solid performance despite the lack of originality. For some unknown reason, I still have faith in Danny. He's a nice guy, as far as I can see and he has a great voice. However, his song choices are really...well...boring. Bland. Predictable.

4. Kris
...I don't get the hype about this performance, with or without the "Adam treatment" (meaning fancy lighting). Really, it was okay. Nothing special. Randy was too harsh, Kara was too...I don't know, too Kara-ish. It was alright dawg, but in no way does it compare to Adam's Mad World! Wtf. The people in idolforums.com are too Kris-obsessed, I think.

3. Allison
Allison sang Aerosmith's I Don't Want To Miss A Thing, and I thought she did a good job with it. Not an easy song to sing. But she pulled it off, although she wasn't up to her usual standards. Hah, I have no negative comments about this performance at all. I'm thinking she has a great chance of winning AI8...over Adam. I love Adam, but he's a bit too kinky for idol And it's official, the judges are finally semi-promoting Allison. About time too!

2. Adam
Yes, the almighty Adam is at number 2! Dearest Adam was seriously over the top this week. From the hair, to the outfit, to the song choice and the performance - it screamed "YEAAAAAAH! IMMA ROCKSTAR DUUUUUDES!" He sang, Born To Be Wild and wild it was indeed. Hell yeah. I was kinda hoping he'd sing Hero from the first Spiderman, it would have shown a different side of his Rock persona but oh well. Being wild works too! However, Adam needs to remember that this is American Idol, and not a rock concert. I mean, dude was literally on his knees tonight, screaming at the audience. I would have fainted from sheer joy, but some unsuspecting anti-rocker might just faint from shock.

1. Anoop
Woohoo! Anoop dogg's back in business I loved his performance tonight, it was absolutely fantastic! Flawless vocals, awesome song choice (Everything I Do) - still needs to work on stage presence though. Adam could teach him a thing or two about that. And um, about what to wear during performances too. Adam looked every inch a rock star tonight, while Anoop looked like...Anoop. Lol.



Overall, I'm glad my top four favourite contestants performed the best tonight. A very boring night, mind you. Ballads are fine and all, but when 6 out of 7 contestants are singing slow-tempo songs...zzzzz.

I dread the elimination tomorrow.
Lil should be the one going home, but both Matt and Kris are not safe, especially Matt. And I doubt the judges will use the safe on Matt...

PS: I thought Adam looked super hot tonight!! ♥♥ *dreamy eyes* I've never seen a more versatile contestant on American Idol. Just check out his performances in Wicked! He can act, dances really well and very obviously he can sing! (He can sing anything too - rock, pop, musical-Broadway stuff, ballads, R & B, etc.)

EDIT: There's just one thing that I don't get - why defend Lil and Megan when they talk back (rudely) to the judges - and criticize Anoop when he does the same thing (not rudely, just honest)? Seriously wtf?!

No comments: