Sunday, April 12, 2009

Journals and Stuff

Currently Listening To: Allison Iraheta - Alone


For the first time in four days...I finally found some useful journals for my interim report (Communications in Business assignment, bleh). Go me!

But seriously, it's so irritating and frustrating (not helped by the incredibly unreliable Streamyx) to research for serious stuff. Seriously!

Of course, my obsession with American Idol (hahahahaha that's so obvious) did NOT help either.

So, I've found them journals but the actual report itself is still stuck at 0.1% completed.

Really, I'm having serious writer's block. I have no clue how to begin the stupid report at all! Hope I get out of that 'block' soon, or I'm so screwed for next week =(

For now, I've decided to take a break (no use staring at a blank page) by listing down my favourite AI (what else huh ) contestants for all the past seasons.

**Skipping Seasons 1 and 2 cos I missed both seasons.

Season 3: La Toya London! My only favourite that season.
I never understood the appeal of Jasmine Trias, but she made it all the way to the Top 3 - over LaToya and Jennifer Hudson! A bit crazy, if you ask me cos she was one of the worse contestants in that season, in my opinion.

Season 4: Constantine Maroulis & Bo Bice. (Both rockers!)
Yeah, I know Carrie Underwood won and all, but I was never a fan. Was a huge Bo supporter all the way to the end, until he lost to Carrie in the final two Then again, where's Bo now, and where's Carrie?

Season 5: Elliot Yamin ♥ & Katharine McPhee.
A pity my favourites didn't win, cos Elliot and Katharine were so much better than Taylor Hicks. I have nothing against him, but um. Well. He flopped, BIG TIME. I liked Chris Daughtry too, he had quite a few amazing performances but I wasn't really into him. No idea why, since I usually go for the rockers haha. Funny how the non-winners (Elliot, Katharine and Chris) are doing better than Taylor now...

Season 6: Chris Sligh & Blake Lewis EDIT: & Melinda Doolittle!
The season most well known for Mr. 'Fancy Hair' Sanjaya Malakar. I loved Chris Sligh, thought he was really good and funny too. However I can still remember his rendition of 'Every Little Thing She Does Is Magic' and it was not pretty. No wonder he was eliminated. Oh and apparently he's a friend of current season's Danny Gokey. And then there's Blake. He was...interesting, but I guess his style wasn't very marketable cos HE FLOPPED TOO. Poor thing! It's not like Jordin's doing that great either, but at least she had some sort of fame.

Season 7: David Cook ♥♥, Jason Castro & David Archuleta.
David Cook!! Hands down, my favourite idol ever. Kinda snuck up on Season 7's chosen ones David Archuleta, Michael Johns and Carly Smithson. Like Kris this season, David C. was virtually unknown and un-pimped...until he started to outperform all of them chosen ones. And then the Archuleta fans got mad I can still remember Suet Nee skipping class just to watch the finals lol. The Davids were the ultimate Idol showdown, I think and back then I really thought that Archie was gonna win!

And now for season 8. My opinion on the contestants will change since it's still ongoing but my original favourite was Danny. Sadly Danny hasn't been doing much for the past few weeks so now he's only like...maybe...my 6th favourite? I'm not a fan of Kris or Matt, and yet I think they've performed a lot better than Danny ever since the Top 13.

I guess my current favourites would be Anoop, Adam ♥♥ and Allison, then Kris, Matt and Danny. So yeah, in general I like all of them (except for Lil, sorry). It has never happened before, me liking all the contestants.

In terms of vocals...I guess Adam's number one for me? I mean, come on, his vocal range is just amazing! And Anoop is so underrated

If you're thinking that I'm nuts, well - I've always been a big fan of reality tv shows. From Survivor, to Amazing Race, to AI and ANTM. And yes I would have blogged about everything else too, if only Survivor and Amazing Race had not gotten so...samey.

And now if you'd excuse me, I think I need to get back to typing the stupid interim report...

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Don't know where Bo is but I can tell you where Constantine is. Constantine is the lead in the Broadway play Rock of Ages now playing at the Brooks Atkinson theater in NYC. Constantine is the first idol to originate a role on Broadway. This show is awesome and it's getting absolutely fantastic reviews and a packed house each night. Along with this, there will be a movie in the making. Bidding rights were won by New World Cinema for a movie! Also with the reviews Constantine is getting and because he is originating the role, reports state there's a big possibility of him getting a Tony Award.

Amanda Vi Britannia said...

I really admire you cause you've not gotten bored of AI XD

I like Katherine McPhee too. Her performances were so energetic and awesome. I can't believe she LOST to Taylor Hicks >_> I don't see (or in this case, hear) anything great in Taylor's vocals.

2007 I like Melinda Dolittle. Still can't believe she made it to top 3 and that's it =(

Maybe thats why I've gotten bored of AI. My favourites never seem to win :P I didn't even watch David Cook's season at all. Haha.

Amanda said...

@ Anonymous: Oh that's interesting. Good for Constantine!

@ Mandy: I admire myself for not getting bored of AI XD Argh, season 7 - my least favourite season after 3. No wonder you got bored of it! Don't blame you AT ALL. Melinda was great, but she was kinda boring too =(

Anonymous said...

Bo who? j/k

Amanda said...

Poor BO :(
I think he's married...and busy with children. Or something. Read it before...somewhere.