Friday, October 17, 2008

An Ode and a Rainbow

Music: Travis - Song to Self


Ode to J. Smith

Ode to J.SmithTravis is back with a new album, released around two weeks ago. I downloaded it the moment it was released but put off listening to it until now. And I have to say, Ode to J. Smith is definitely one of the better albums released this year. Yes, it trumps both Viva La Vida and Perfect Symmetry! And let's just say I wasn't really a big fan of Travis before this. (I'll have to thank Sharyl for reviving my interest in Travis lol)

It's quite different from their last album, a lot more rockier. No more Coldplay or Keane comparisons for now, thank God. If you're looking for another 'Closer', you'll be quite disappointed. But then again, this album is so much better than 'The Boy With No Name'. (8.5/10)

Favourites: Chinese Blues, Something Anything, Friends, Song to Self, Broken Mirror & Before You Were Young. ♥

In Rainbows

In Rainbows Okay this was released last year, however I had only listened to it not too long ago. Wasn't really a big fan of Radiohead either, but I thought I'd give this album a try. In Rainbows is pretty good actually, much better than half of the stuff I usually listen to. I prefer their older songs though. Quirkier. Still, it's a great album so, (8.5/10)

Favourites: House of Cards, Weird Fishes/Arpeggio, Bodysnatchers.

~.~


I finally watched Hakushaku to Yousei, or Earl and Fairy last night. The one with the Tamaki lookalike.

I love the art and the animation, it's good but the story's a bit...eh. Fairy doctors? Earl of Blue Something Something? It sounds like Susanna Clarke's Jonathan Strange and Mr Norrell! And it's suppose to be a shoujo anime. Not a fan of that. Will I continue watching this? I guess. It could get more interesting. P.S: Edgar really does look like Tamaki!

P.S: Wooohoooo just got my own original copy of Perfect Symmetry! *twirls*

No comments: